Sooo...no one's talking about the Archon?

I'm moving closer to getting one. Just a matter of the right timing.

Played though vchizzle's Archon yesterday and I was very impressed with it. Great clean and amazing distortion tones.

I got mine earlier this week and finally got to put it through a run and man is this thing a beast. Very impressed with PRS to come out with such a hot rod. I would post pics but for some reason photobucket and this forum aren't cooperating for me at least?

Played the Archon in band practice yesterday and it sounded great. Big punchy, yet clear rhythm tones. Tight but not dry. Easy to play. Maybe the best lead tone I've had in awhile. Didn't do much of anything with clean channel yet but I got a Voodoo Lab control switcher that I'm going to try to integrate with my GCX/ground control pro tomorrow. Hopefully just active midi cable and I can plug & program my presets. Will see how it goes.

I was about to pull the trigger on a new HXDA to replace the one I had to sell a while back, but now I'm torn.

HXDA, MDT Paul's Amp, or Archon. It's a hard choice.

I was about to pull the trigger on a new HXDA to replace the one I had to sell a while back, but now I'm torn.

Try an Archon before you commit to one of the other amps, its surprisingly versatile - I'm sure there are plenty of dealers in TX that have one depending on where you are.

I'ved played the MDT and owned an HX/DA with a series/parallel gain mod. The Archon is a totally different animal. If you need a high gain tone without pedals, it's the amp for you. Since it's 2 channels, it's also considerably more versatile than those other 2.

Speaking of the ARCHON amps, where does one get one of those 4x12 cabinets I see in the accompanying photos of the Archon head?
I don't really need one because I have a couple of Marshall 4x12 cabinets which I think will work just fine with it but I don't see them listed on the web site anywhere.

Back