Sonzera vs 2-channel custom

Sean Thompson

This may have been covered before but I’m looking to venture into prs amps and was wondering if the custom 2-channel would be worth the extra money over the sonzera. I really care about getting a good clean tone. I play a lot of blues and rock but mostly run clean and use pedals if needed. Thanks for any input!

Don't discount the Archon. I know it's touted as a high gain beast, but it has a glorious clean channel. Plus, you can dial that gain way, way back to cover all sorts of tones. Definitely not a one trick pony.

As nice as the archon clean is, I think the custom is likely to be a better pedal platform. I'm assuming the custom is pretty close to my 2CH H.

I own both and thing both clean channels are great. But they are different. The Archon is designed to stay clean all the way up. The Custom can get great blues tones with the gain up as it starts to overdrive when the gain is cranked up.

I think both are great, and which one is better depends on which is closer to meeting your needs. If you're more blues and classic rock, the the Custom voicing might make both channels perfect for you. I know it's not easy, but if you can try both with a good broken in speaker, you'll quickly know which one is right for you. Both are great but voiced and gain staged differently, yet definitely from the same family. Custom 50 is the smoother, Archon more aggressive on gain channel.

It’s good to have a list. Always have a list. Even if you don’t need a list, have one. People with lists live longer.

They need to, in order to get to all the items on the list.

This kind of sage wisdom is why Les is here. Even us “fifty somethings” are weedhoppers to Les. Listen. Learn. Ooommmmmm

This kind of sage wisdom is why Les is here. Even us “fifty somethings” are weedhoppers to Les. Listen. Learn. Ooommmmmm

Due to my long and largely wasted years on this planet, mostly spent contemplating my navel, I was able to discern the meaning of life, which I will gladly share:

oh my... I'm at work. I can't digest something of this magnitude while working. I need to wait to review this til I'm home from basketball tonight. If I can just resist til then....

Back