Sonzera 50 Cabinet Recommendations

JonW

...as seen in the PRS company magazine
Hi everybody!

I’m looking into buying the Sonzera 50 Head since a while now, but one thing that holds me off is the lack of a matching cabinet.
For a 799$ amp, I can’t really justify the 2x12 closed back for 889$ let alone the better matching J-MOD 2x12 for 1090$. Additionally, it’s apparently really difficult to get the normal PRS 2x12 here in Germany. I hoped we would see a Sonzera 2x12 this year but it doesn’t seem so...

Which cabinets are you using with the Sonzera 50 Head?

Hi everybody!

I’m looking into buying the Sonzera 50 Head since a while now, but one thing that holds me off is the lack of a matching cabinet.
For a 799$ amp, I can’t really justify the 2x12 closed back for 889$ let alone the better matching J-MOD 2x12 for 1090$. Additionally, it’s apparently really difficult to get the normal PRS 2x12 here in Germany. I hoped we would see a Sonzera 2x12 this year but it doesn’t seem so...

Which cabinets are you using with the Sonzera 50 Head?

Most PRS amps are designed to play well with Vintage 30 loaded cabs, or Lead 80's in combos. I think the Sonzera combos come with a Celestion V-Type, which is somewhere in that neighborhood of the V30 and Lead 80 too. The Fender Bassbreaker amps also use a V-Type if memory serves, you could get one of those cheaper than a PRS cabinet I'm sure.

In the USA we have a company called Avatar that makes affordable cabinets and has lots of options for speakers to put in them. I think Zilla cabs may be similar in Europe?

Back