Something in a box showed up!

Buck,Great info on the amp. Now I am just wondering if I need a 2x12 cab for this little beast. I have an Orange 1x12 with a V30 right now and am hoping it will be a good match for me since I just play at home. Thanks to all for the info.
That's what I brought to his place today, my Orange PPC112. Honestly, if we hadn't tried them literally back to back I'm not sure how much you'd notice a difference. The Tremonti matching cab dimensions are also bigger than the Orange 1x12, so that will give it more room to resonate. The 1x12 sounded great too, just a bit "boxy" to my ears...but then again, the Orange 112 is a pretty small cab. Your 112 should be a great match for home use though...I wouldn't sweat it brah!

Just my 2 cents and opinion, but I've always been a 2x12 kinda guy :) Sometimes bigger really is better...

Last edited:
This thing goes from bedroom level to scare the dog out of the basement loud with barely a movement on the volume knob.

That’s the first negative thing I’ve heard about one in all the reviews I’ve heard. Which channel does it do this on? My Peavey Classic 30 was that way and you HAD to play it with pedals at home because you could barely hit an acceptible spot between quiet and loud. I hope this isn’t that sensitive...

That’s the first negative thing I’ve heard about one in all the reviews I’ve heard. Which channel does it do this on? My Peavey Classic 30 was that way and you HAD to play it with pedals at home because you could barely hit an acceptible spot between quiet and loud. I hope this isn’t that sensitive...
I can't speak to the volume sensitivity yet, cuz we had it either cranked the entire time on purpose or at bedroom volume!!!!!!!! I will say I can't understate how overall LOUD this thing is...I know everybody keeps saying it, but man, 15 watts? ...Really??? It sounds like 50 watts, and the 7 watt mode doesn't help much. Dunno if it's the 6L6's or what, but it's a little monster!

I am pleased that it sounded just as good at bedroom volume as cranked though...rare to find these days it seems. Is it Tuesday yet?!?!

Wait, loud is negative for an amplifier? :eek:

No, of course not. What would be a negative, is if it goes from bedroom to stage volume in 1/16" turn of the volume knob. My Classic 30 was so bad about that it drove me crazy. I'm hoping Bodia finds it's not as sensitive as he thought.

No, of course not. What would be a negative, is if it goes from bedroom to stage volume in 1/16" turn of the volume knob. My Classic 30 was so bad about that it drove me crazy. I'm hoping Bodia finds it's not as sensitive as he thought.

But...wait. The thing to do with a volume knob is crank it to 11 and leave it there, isn’t it? ;)

Some people assume that as employees, we can get whatever we want, when we want it. But like any good company, we take care of the customers first. Once the backorder has been fulfilled and supplies becomes a bit more available, then I can think about picking one up for myself. Until then, I'll live vicariously through you guys.

Place an order under an assumed name, like Juan Hutnall.

Lead channel, of course!

I found out, today, that my local shop got two of these in. One is already sold...and the other is there, looking for a home.

Why, oh why, does this ALWAYS happen, when I'm trying to save money.... ;) :)

I found out, today, that my local shop got two of these in. One is already sold...and the other is there, looking for a home.

Why, oh why, does this ALWAYS happen, when I'm trying to save money.... ;) :)

Now is the time! You've got, like, a week left. No one to "sneak" it past! ;)

Back