So....what did you pick up at Experience?

Crap... You guys remember everything!

Speaking of remembering (or the lack thereof) You were right, you didn't remember my name (as I came down the factory ramp with Swampy in hand).

My bad though, I neglected to put my 2012 forum badge over my 2013 Exp. badge - that would've helped you out...

'Sall good, though...

Shultzie

this one got away!!!
IMG_1042_zps856da16d.jpg

But this one came home
IMG_1054_zps641c2bc8.jpg

Guess I'm a little late to the party, just joined the forum. I picked up a Gary Grainger 5 from Music Store Live at the show. Got the back of the head stock signed by Gary too. Plays and sounds great. Every time I've gigged with it I've gotten compliments on how it sounds.

PRS_Grainger_5_02.JPG

PRS_Grainger_5_03.JPG

PRS_Grainger_5_04.JPG

PRS_Grainger_5_05.JPG

PRS_Grainger_5_06.JPG

PRS_Grainger_5_07.JPG

The Private Stock that I picked out wood for at the Experience is closer to here. It showed up on Facebook last week. Its on the left. Maybe, it will make it to Texas before Thanksgiving and here before Christmas.
132700_10152634405415639_166027657_o.jpg
IMG_1218.jpg

Last edited:
man, with all those buttons, does it shoot out an oil slick if somebody is following you??? NICE 513...love them...What will it have besides Piezo???

man, with all those buttons, does it shoot out an oil slick if somebody is following you??? NICE 513...love them...What will it have besides Piezo???
It's the Spy Hunter version with guns and missiles that turns into a boat.

Actually, it was designed to be a better Variax which is specifically what I need for the musical theater shows I play. So, it has a Graphtec Ghost System with the Acoustophonic and MIDI Hexpander boards built in. The extra knobs and switches are for controlling the Piezo and the VG-99. So, one can use it as either a guitar with a Piezo or a MIDI guitar.

It also should have a Tremol-No, because you can't stop and change strings during a show or have room for an additional back up instrument. For playability, it should have a DGT neck carve which I find most comfy. It's also a supposed be a 515, not a 513. The middle position of the 5 way should be neck and bridge for all pick up configurations.

The color and top figure was based on Hubble Space Telescope photographs of nebulae. I thought it originally would have to be a custom color, but PRS just happened to have introduced a color at the time that was a near perfect match, Pomegranate Glow.

Last edited:
The Private Stock that I picked out wood for at the Experience for is closer to here. It showed up on Facebook last week. Its on the left. Maybe, it will make it to Texas before Thanksgiving and here before Christmas.

I saw that guitar in person last week my friend and you are going to be estatic with it! It's quite a feat.

Back