So....what did you pick up at Experience?

aristotle

I set myself a limit of one thing to purchase at experience. Evidently, I don't do well with self imposed limits.... I ended up with two things.

DG Custom 30 and a white DGT. The DGT amp came first (and I knew that I wanted it before I even showed up...) but the white DGT just had my name on it.

I gigged the DGT Custom 30 on Friday (just after picking it up) and gigged them both together on Saturday.

DSC_0158_zps6c51fe93.jpg

I already have a DG Signature PS stoptail and was expecting them to be pretty similar. Actually (and as much as I love the DG stoptail) the trem and the DG pickup in the neck position really make them different guitars. To be honest, I got this guitar because of its looks, but it's just a stellar guitar.

DSC_0109_zpsd83022ba.jpg

DSC_0100_zps65f4b32c.jpg

DSC_0096_zpsd055aafb.jpg

DSC_0092_zps7926d3cd.jpg

Also, it was kind of neat that both were signed by David Grissom.

So, what did you get???

P.S. Props to the fine folks at Sam Ash and all of the dealers I met at Experience. It's easy to think of dealers as part of some large machine, but all of the folks I met were just super nice guys dedicated to keeping customers happy.

Nice score X2. Almost bought a White studio like it w gold hardware. I see you have some other PRS amps...looks like a HXDA and maybe an MDT? How does the DG custom compare to those?

I wish I had more time to spend there, but both days I was in and out within an hour. I recognized several of you from pics on the forum but just didn't have a chance to chit-chat. (I was the guy whose cell phone went off with a Klaxon during the DG amp demo on Saturday by the way) I aim to change that next year. I did manage to introduce myself to Shawn as he filled out my gear pass when I picked up the amp.

I found this thing laying around, but they made me put it back down (for now) :>)))

The guys at PRS are the greatest!

photo10_zpse2634980.jpg

photo15_zpsa83162f5.jpg

Last edited:
I found this thing laying around, but they made me put it back down (for now) :>)))

The guys at PRS are the greatest!

Going to be a beauty Mike! I could see the neck heel inlay a bit when I was looking it over, great touch!

Nice - I love the white DGTs! His amps were killer sounding.
Is it kinky that I watched him?
Hell, I'm worried that I was even in the same room! :D
Nice score X2. Almost bought a White studio like it w gold hardware. I see you have some other PRS amps...looks like a HXDA and maybe an MDT? How does the DG custom compare to those?
I saw that one, looked GREAT, I think Serg drooled all over it too.

I only had time to pick this up one up - 'course, couldn't make Sig night as it was my son's 18th birthday... more on that later.

I've been to every experience, but I think I set the land speed record for brief attendance this time - just Saturday, in by noon, grabbed my axe, out by two PM.

http://www.prsguitars.com/swampashcustom_limited/

Thanks again to Brian for answering my virtual plea for support Thursday evening. This beaut' sounds and plays better than you'd imagine!

'Nuff said,

Shultzie

Back