So I just snagged this. Orkie guitar? 96 goldtop stoptail

Congrats on scoring that beautiful Goldtop/Moons.

My ‘94 G/M says Hi.

img_3308-jpeg.1226737

I've been playing her for a couple days now. I believe it's as good or better than my #1. Heavier by half a pound or so though.

Some fairly notable spots on the neck were not disclosed, but I cannot feel them (and I'm sensitive to that) so it will stay. Body and hardware are stupid clean for a 96.

I replaced the rotory and tone controls today. Pups should arrive tomorrow. I hope to gig it Saturday.

I can mark a goldtop off my bucket list!

I've been playing her for a couple days now. I believe it's as good or better than my #1. Heavier by half a pound or so though.

Some fairly notable spots on the neck were not disclosed, but I cannot feel them (and I'm sensitive to that) so it will stay. Body and hardware are stupid clean for a 96.

I replaced the rotory and tone controls today. Pups should arrive tomorrow. I hope to gig it Saturday.

I can mark a goldtop off my bucket list!
What pickups are you going to put in it?

Starting with pearlies. Will swap those for dimarzio 36th's if those don't do it for me in this guitar.

I currently have both of those in other prs along with gibby 57s. All those work for the dance crap I have to play lol. As well as the occasional rock songs we can sneak in.

Starting with pearlies. Will swap those for dimarzio 36th's if those don't do it for me in this guitar.

I currently have both of those in other prs along with gibby 57s. All those work for the dance crap I have to play lol. As well as the occasional rock songs we can sneak in.
I put a set of Pearly Gates in a Heritage that I had. I can't remember how they sounded compared to a PRS 57/08. It has been a little while since I played a gig with it. I put them in because it had Seth Lovers in it and I had unwanted feedback issues. The PG is the closest to the SL so that is what it got. I remember really liking them in that guitar. I pulled the PG set out and put the SL set back in and sold it a month or so ago. It would be interesting to hear the difference in those pickups in the same guitar. I am a big fan of the PRS 57/08s and haven't really found, or looked, for something by another manufacturer that compares to it.

Here's John's website and I'll bet he would be able to tell you about it!

If I ever have any of my PRS guitars re-fretted, he is the guy I am calling first. I made that decision many years ago.

Sweet guitar! The older PRS gold top color is so sick. I hear you on wanting a pattern thin with a stop tail.

Back