So I guess this is kinda nice...

GADonis

Beautifully Broken
I've recently been getting information together on my equipment for insurance purposes. Looking up the serial number on my McSoaparina the guitar wasn't what I thought it was. When I bought it several years ago it was presented as a 2007. This didn't agree with the serial number on the website so I sent off an email to customer support. Turns out what I thought was a 2007 McCarty Korina is actually a 2009 McCarty Korina with Brazillian Rosewood fretboard.

I guess I just "upgraded" my guitar for free. :)

The only downside is that I have no case candy or certificates. So if the fretboard is indeed Brazilian rosewood then I can't prove it or that it was properly harvested wood. Oh well, the chances of my going out of country to play are very small and in my too many years of playing I have yet to sell a guitar. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

I've recently been getting information together on my equipment for insurance purposes.

If you do get insurance, I'd like to know who ends up insuring you. I've not had any luck insuring my guitar collection. Even Clarion won't touch 14 guitars and 5 basses.

Congrats on your upgrade :)

If you do get insurance, I'd like to know who ends up insuring you. I've not had any luck insuring my guitar collection. Even Clarion won't touch 14 guitars and 5 basses.

Congrats on your upgrade :)

You should be able to get them covered through your home owners insurance. Also, what about Heritage Insurance? They're specific to instruments.

You should be able to get them covered through your home owners insurance. Also, what about Heritage Insurance? They're specific to instruments.

Homeowner's is AAA, and they are hesitant to cover only part of it.

Will check with Heritage. Thanks!

The only downside is that I have no case candy or certificates. So if the fretboard is indeed Brazilian rosewood then I can't prove it or that it was properly harvested wood. Oh well, the chances of my going out of country to play are very small and in my too many years of playing I have yet to sell a guitar. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

Even when it was new it would not have come with the papers you now need to move Braz across borders. Enjoy it and don’t sweat it - sell it locally if you’re ever forced (but hopefully you won’t have to) - and all will be wel. Congrats!

Back