So I’m pretty sure I caught this flu...

I had the flu shot, got it back in October. Still got the flu last week. Been working from home recovering from the vertigo. Went to the hospital to get an MRI, when I got the flu a few days later. My son isn’t sick, nor my wife, so clearly from my visit to the big blue H! Don’t go to hospitals, that’s where all the sick people are! :)

Feel better everyone!

I was just reading a good article breaking down how this flu season got so bad. Got my shot early last fall, and thankfully have stayed healthy since. Even if a flu vaccine offers a modest chance of protection, I'll take every last bit I can get... beats getting the flu! (I'm not in any at-risk groups, so bring on ALL the vax... I roll herd immunity style!)

Get well soon, everyone.

Window-shopping always makes me feel better when I'm laid up though. How many 59/09s should I put in my cart?

Last edited:
Flu has gone through a bunch of people I know. It's bad. Best news is, it seems to only be bad for about 1 day. My brother had it and was down for one day, felt not so hot the next day, but had some gatorade that morning and quickly started feeling better once he re-hydrated a bit. My wife got the flu shot, and got it last week. She had a cold for about a week, then got really sick friday night and all day Saturday. But Sunday she was better and back to just having a cold.

My wife is on me every year to get a flu shot. I didn't get a flu shot and never do. I've only had the flu once in my adult life and that was over 20 years ago. I'm really one of those people who never gets sick. Occasional cold is about it. Listerine is magic!

I went to the doctor today for the first time ever, and he tried to give me a flu shot! Bastid! I went all anti-vaxer on him.

***THIS***

It's a conspiracy, whatever you do...don't let them give you a flu shot...it's got the FLU in it...why do ya think they call it the flu shot?...Duh! It's not called the F@#K YEAH! I FEEL AWESOME! Shot. You make me proud Sergio! Congregations, you are now part of the resistance...

Please tell me you picked up a random kid to act as a shield, while you were swinging a chair and backing out of the waiting area...you know, cause that would have been awesome...:D

Last edited:
I had the flu shot, got it back in October. Still got the flu last week. Been working from home recovering from the vertigo. Went to the hospital to get an MRI, when I got the flu a few days later. My son isn’t sick, nor my wife, so clearly from my visit to the big blue H! Don’t go to hospitals, that’s where all the sick people are! :)

Feel better everyone!

What's up WA Paul?! I have been meaning to ask how you were doing with the Vertigo? Any definitive answer from the MRI? Hope you are improving daily!

Of course correlation does not imply causation, but I haven't gotten sick since before my latest NGD. Just sayin'.

Maybe if you get sick you're not buying enough guitars? (Not that I'm one to talk...)

I like your logic!

I can't even catch a pop fly, much less the flu. Don't have time for it between home, work, church, hobbies and all. Haven't had a flu shot in 2 years. Haven't even had a bad cold since retiring from the Air Force Reserves (2 years ago) Just lucky, I guess. Hope your getting better.

I can't even catch a pop fly, much less the flu. Don't have time for it between home, work, church, hobbies and all. Haven't had a flu shot in 2 years. Haven't even had a bad cold since retiring from the Air Force Reserves (2 years ago) Just lucky, I guess. Hope your getting better.

Thank you for your service!

I take my Listerine straight up. I'm killing germs. I've already wasted too many brain cells. Trying to salvage the few I have left.

Thanks Scott! Appreciate the positive mojo!

Slowly getting better! I have a left ear issue that is amplifying the effect. My ENT Doc ordered the MRI to get a better look and rule out tumors - yikes! Thankfully everything normal, except for the ear issue. Up next is a sleep apnea study which apparently can hinder drainage. Results will guide next steps, could be minor surgery or more tubes placed through that ear.

I’ll start going back in the office next week on part-time basis. PT hasn’t cleared me yet for full days, so half day in the office, then half day working from home. They don’t want me driving during peak rush hour. Been an interesting 73 days for sure! Not that I’m counting...much.

At least I’ve started playing some guitar again!

Slowly getting better! I have a left ear issue that is amplifying the effect. My ENT Doc ordered the MRI to get a better look and rule out tumors - yikes! Thankfully everything normal, except for the ear issue. Up next is a sleep apnea study which apparently can hinder drainage. Results will guide next steps, could be minor surgery or more tubes placed through that ear.

Not sure what's worse - when the doc says, "Let's do an MRI of your brain to make sure there are no tumors or anything," or "Well, we've looked at your head and found nothing going on."

this sucks dude. Came on sudden. Now I’m laying in the bed burning up and hurting. Someone cheer me up. :(

Hey, man, hope you’re making progress and have been able to at least play a little while holed up. Let us know. We’re sending you get-well mojo from over here. :)

wgsKPZr.gif

Not sure what's worse - when the doc says, "Let's do an MRI of your brain to make sure there are no tumors or anything," or "Well, we've looked at your head and found nothing going on."
Yep! They did confirm the space between my ears wasn’t as empty as other people thought, so there's that! And they didn’t tell me they needed my liver now.

Back