So I’m pretty sure I caught this flu...

Atomic

Who Dat
this sucks dude. Came on sudden. Now I’m laying in the bed burning up and hurting. Someone cheer me up. :(

The rest of us (well, most of us) feel pretty good. That should make you happy. You know, unless you're just self-centered.

It sucks. I've had a cough for about three weeks that just finally seems to be clearing up. And I was on antibiotics in that period for an infection, so it wasn't something that could fix. Although I did have the joy of the digestive effects of the antibiotic - I'm actually eating yogurt now. What is this world coming to?

The rest of us (well, most of us) feel pretty good. That should make you happy. You know, unless you're just self-centered.

It sucks. I've had a cough for about three weeks that just finally seems to be clearing up. And I was on antibiotics in that period for an infection, so it wasn't something that could fix. Although I did have the joy of the digestive effects of the antibiotic - I'm actually eating yogurt now. What is this world coming to?

Ugh! I've had that "my gut is gonna explode" grumbling and, er, other output from a Z-pac. I did a round of Cipro earlier in the month. Just waiting for one of my Achilles to pop.

I never quite got explosive, but it's been a week of, "No, I'm not gonna wait, you hurry up." The first couple days were the worst. Augmentin hits my son hard - I don't think I've had it before, but it hit me right away. And I knew it from the first rumble.

I never quite got explosive, but it's been a week of, "No, I'm not gonna wait, you hurry up." The first couple days were the worst. Augmentin hits my son hard - I don't think I've had it before, but it hit me right away. And I knew it from the first rumble.
:confused:

Had it last week, that's some nasty stuff. Never did feel sick, just fever, aches and headache. Now I have a stinkin' cough that will not go away. I've had people tell me the cough sticks around for weeks. Ugh.

I went to the doctor today for the first time ever, and he tried to give me a flu shot! Bastid! I went all anti-vaxer on him.

Had it last week, that's some nasty stuff. Never did feel sick, just fever, aches and headache. Now I have a stinkin' cough that will not go away. I've had people tell me the cough sticks around for weeks. Ugh.

I've had the cough almost a month. This week it finally feels like it's going away. Didn't even get the aches, fever or anything like that. Just the cough and about three days of congestion.

I went to the doctor today for the first time ever, and he tried to give me a flu shot! Bastid! I went all anti-vaxer on him.
The shot this year only has a 10% success rate. No way of knowing that when it was developed, but kind of pointless to take it this late in the game.

If you get it, take care of yourself. It devastated the population where my mom lives. My wife’s mom has been in the hospital for over a week with it.

.... at least you can stay home and play guitar.................... between trips to the bathroom.:p

The shot this year only has a 10% success rate. No way of knowing that when it was developed, but kind of pointless to take it this late in the game.

If you get it, take care of yourself. It devastated the population where my mom lives. My wife’s mom has been in the hospital for over a week with it.

Brutal. Yeah, he didn't say anything about a success rate. I asked him if it'd give me the flu and he just told me it'd hurt. No thanks.

Add me to the infected list...along with my wife and daughter. Of course my daughter bounced back after 4 days but my wife is into 5 weeks' cough and I'm still trying to feel some semblance of normal after 2 weeks...might even try the shot next year even if it is only 10% effective. Feel better everyone :)

I was at my doctor's office Monday for a blood draw for an upcoming appointment. Some lady came in without an appointment and looks like death warmed over. She couldn't even walk all the way to the check in counter. She ended up with a face mask and a wheelchair. Freaked me out. I held my breath on the way out, and took a Purel bath as soon as I got out of there. Went straight to the pharmacy for my first flu shot, ever.

She ended up with a face mask and a wheelchair. Freaked me out. I held my breath on the way out, and took a Purel bath as soon as I got out of there. Went straight to the pharmacy for my first flu shot, ever.
I had six trips to emergency (none for myself) this flu season and was pretty sure I would catch it from one of the many patients looking for some relief there. I was selective about when I took a full breath.

This year is a bad year for the shot. It's based on the preditctions for the most common strains expected, and they got an oddball this year. Even worse, this strain doesn't strike the usual groups (children and the elderly) as hard as it hits baby boomers, so it's hitting a lot of people who wouldn't normally have to deal with it.

I got the shot, and I'll get it again. I usually still get a cold, but there's only been one year (before I got the shots) that I felt like I had the flu that they talk about on the news, and I hope to never feel that way again.

My problem the last few years is it seems once I get the cough, I can't get rid of it. It didn't used to be this way!

Had the shot and was barely grazed by “something” I brought back from NAMM. Complete exhaustion and upper respiratory issues but no fever. Lasted until yesterday. I consider myself lucky. Now I’m worried about Mrs. B.

Was out of commission December with bronchial pneumonia which sucked, and now I'm just finishing off my tamiflu round one with strep and an ear infection. Officially sick and tire of being sick and tired.

Even worse, this strain doesn't strike the usual groups (children and the elderly) as hard as it hits baby boomers, so it's hitting a lot of people who wouldn't normally have to deal with it.

Millennial conspiracy.

Back