Sneak peak - Neal Schon on Sammy Hagars' show this Sunday

walrus

Not really a Schon fan, but it looks like he will be rocking a PRS on Sammy Hagar's "Rock and Roll Road Trip" this Sunday!

When I saw Sammy on Live from Daryl's House I was blown away at how good he sounds at age 70.
Most older rockers that relied on power chops sound like doo doo now, but Sammy has the fountain of youth.

Yep. That show is a series record for me. Every now and then there's an episode that doesn't hold my interest, but for the most part it does. Sammy's enthusiasm just jumps off the screen.

I became a fan when Santana brought him into the band when Neal was what? 17? I then lost interest with Journey and everything after.

But the DVR is set. Thanks for the heads up.

Just watched it. Hilarious!!! Sammy’s “this or that” game had me laughing out loud. “Your Own Personal Jesus” was a cool duet.

Neil was playing some off-brand guitar. :p:D

I remember thinking when I first heard Neil at 16 or 17 playing with Santana... "he won't last long there, he's twice the guitar player Santana is"...and sure enough, he was scuffled off to Buffalo in a manner of speaking. The head guy couldn't afford to look less.

Big Neal fan. One of the most melodic players ever. Most tech-heads forget that feel but Neal has it in spades. All of his solos are singable.

I've seen Journey twice now, and can't wait for them to come back. One of my favorite bands for sure.

Just watched it. Hilarious!!! Sammy’s “this or that” game had me laughing out loud. “Your Own Personal Jesus” was a cool duet.

Neil was playing some off-brand guitar. :p:D

Just got to watch this the other night. What was he playing? I thought that it had "Schon" tag on the headstock. I know it didn't have birds and really didn't look like PRS HB. But I thought it still might have been a PRS.

Back