Slightly different use for P22 piezo signal

goat-n-gitter

Dismembered
I've been working on recording a few new songs, and I was looking for a different sound for the solo section of this song "Chop Shops". I decided to try something different with my P22 piezo.
The solo is my PRS P22 with the piezo through a Zoom A2 acoustic processor patch including envelope filter and delay, and the neck humbucker through octave divider and delay into the lead channel of my Mesa Boogie MK V. The two signals were recorded to separate tracks.
Rhythm guitars are P22 bridge pickup through Mesa doubled left and right with a stereo chorused Fender Strat Elite in the middle. I played the bass as well, and my good friend Matt did a great job on the drum track.
I'm no Yngwie, chops wise, but I try to come up with different/interesting bits as best I can. This tune does have lyrics, but the vocals haven't been recorded yet.

https://soundcloud.com/goat-n-gitter/chop-shop-solo-section

I hope you like it.

Tom

I really admire the creativity sonically, and the playing is definitely good, too!

Thanks to everyone for checking it out. I like the idea for the tone, but I may try to go back and capture a better performance.

Tom

Back