Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, was I off!
I always thought the 3 guys out front were the Beasties. <DOH!>
The 4 long-haired Hessians in the back, I do know them! :D

SILVER.jpg

47711eea-e863-4e0f-8eba-2314338c6f01_zpsipkex9x8.jpg

This hits me DEEP in the feels.

Sweet! I was at the game last night. Kinkaid deserved a better fate. He was awesome. This was one my son and I had circled from the start of the season because of Lovejoy and Bennet returning.

Nice! I went to just about every Devils weekend and playoff game from 1982 until they moved the team to Newark.

My daughter wanted us to get season tickets for the last 3-4 years. This was the year we finally pulled the trigger on a half-season package (and she's probably not going to go to more than a game or two). My wife and I had season tickets in the late 80s and gave them up to get a satellite dish. In 1990. Right before the 1990-91 season - when the Pens won their first Cup.

That's what I use to have, the 1/2 season package. Lots of GREAT memories in the old place.
When they moved, my ticket guy called and asked if I wanted to continue getting my tickets. I was all-in until he told me they were only offering FULL season packages. That was the end of that. I didn't appreciate being alienated by the organization I supported through thick and thin for many, many years
I'll will always will be a fan, just not a customer in Newark.

I can understand that. We signed up for the season ticket waiting list before they built the new arena, partly in hopes of getting in, but mainly because they offered a five-game (later six-game) package for people on the list. I was afraid they would do the seat license thing for the new arena, but they didn't.

It's not smooth sailing, though - we could have had closer seats, but there were three open and we were only buying two. They won't leave the single seat (even though they have scattered singles through the arena). My kids have lost tix for games because they won't sell them that way.

It's pretty cool to have the season deal again, but I have zero desire to go to 40 games. I didn't even want to go to 20 - we bought them with the understanding that we would sell some of the games off.

Way into this thread.

Also, the new Testament is intense.

Love Dystopia too ('Deth is my favorite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back