Show your PS!

Swampies Rock!!! One of my PSi is a Custom 22 swampy. It's unusually light, most of the other swamp ash guitars I've played have been pretty solid.

Thanks guys. This one is a Custom 22, very lightweight and resonant. It has 59/09s in it.

For my first post, I'll show what followed me home from the Dallas Guitar Show a couple of weeks ago.

Ah ha! So you're the one! LOL
I was working out a trade deal with Scott at Guitar Brat on that very guitar. But I dragged my feet a little too slow and just like that, it was gone. You have great taste my friend, that one is a real stunner! Congrats!

Ah ha! So you're the one! LOL
I was working out a trade deal with Scott at Guitar Brat on that very guitar. But I dragged my feet a little too slow and just like that, it was gone. You have great taste my friend, that one is a real stunner! Congrats!

Sorry man. I wasn't really looking to buy anything, but when I walked by it, it stopped my in my tracks. I sat down and played for about 10 minutes or so and then left. It haunted me the rest of the day and night. I had to go back the next day and make it happen. I'm glad I did, although I'm sorry I snatched it away from you.

Sorry man. I wasn't really looking to buy anything, but when I walked by it, it stopped my in my tracks. I sat down and played for about 10 minutes or so and then left. It haunted me the rest of the day and night. I had to go back the next day and make it happen. I'm glad I did, although I'm sorry I snatched it away from you.

Hey brother, it's all good! I've experienced that exact same feeling, tho usually with a female. I hope you enjoy the guitar, it's a keeper!

Hey brother, it's all good! I've experienced that exact same feeling, tho usually with a female. I hope you enjoy the guitar, it's a keeper!

Now that you mention it, that is how things kind of played out with my wife. I'm pretty sure this guitar will give me less grief over the long haul tho.

Artist (3) formerly known as "Mister Purple" ;)

409529666.jpg

409529665.jpg

409529664.jpg

409529663.jpg

Tag gotta say it again...that is one sick machine!

409529666.jpg

This top is a black hole of I-HAVE-TO-HAVE-IT. What a piece!!!!

Thanks guys. It was just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. I went through what must have been 100 tops at PRS, and 4 stood out as insane. This one was the best of the best, and for what I like in quilt tops, is pretty much perfect. I dont think I could have drawn one up any closer to what I wanted. Thanks to Eric at Willcutts, as he is actually the one who found it. And this one really does look even better in person. And thanks to PRS for getting most of that Maroon quilt killing color out of it!

Last edited:
Back