Show your pedalboard!

Hey guys! Just noticed that Musician's Friend just put the TC Electronic Nova Drive on a good discount. Any experience using these?

Hey guys! Just noticed that Musician's Friend just put the TC Electronic Nova Drive on a good discount. Any experience using these?

I had the Nova Drive built into the Nova System, and it's supposed to be the same basic digitally-controlled, analog circuit OD and distortion. I thought it was a pretty cool thing to be able to program an OD or distortion preset, and have that kind of flexibility. Recalling OD settings from a preset was very nice!

Unfortunately I sold the Nova System and can't do a demo of it for you. But I liked the Nova System quite a lot, just had too much gear on the floor of my studio and got into the Eventide boxes and already had a bunch of dirt pedals.

I think the tones on the Nova Drive are very nice, warm, bread-and-butter stuff. Not a bad investment, especially for gigs.

Bam right'n the kisser

Jf9dAN0.png

Pedalboard.jpg.15b24b7ed4e4d7eb9eba7ca8a3f4c562.jpg

2000 PRS Hollowbody I (w/ 57/08 pickups, L. R. Baggs piezo system, and PTC-modified electronics) >

Creation Music Company "Custom Streamliner Series" 32" x 16" pedalboard:

Boss ES-8 Effects Switching System
Loop #1: Geoffrey Teese Real McCoy Custom 3 wah (RMC3)
Loop #2: Lovetone Meatball
Loop #3: EBS Octabass
Loop #4: Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (push-pull / comp. cut FM version)
Loop #5: Boss DS-1 Distortion (Kinnatone modification)
Loop #6: Analogman Mini Bi-CompROSSer
Loop #7: Roger Linn AdrenaLinn III
Loop #8: Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler
Expression Pedal Loop: Line 6 EX-1
Volume Pedal Loop: Ernie Ball "Most Valuable Pedal" (6182)
Tuner Loop: Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
MIDI thru-box / interface: midiman midisport 4x4

Fender 1965 Deluxe Reverb Reissue [highly modified: Weber C12 California ceramic speaker, Groove Tubes solid state rectifier, JJ Electronic 6V6S power tubes (biased to 22 mA @ 415V,) a modified reverb circuit routed to the "normal" channel of the amplifier so the EQ and tapered audio potentiometer can be used to adjust the reverb flavor in lieu of the standard built-in linear reverb potentiometer, and the following preamplifier tubes in slots V1 - V6 respectively]

V1: ("normal" channel gain stage #1)... NOS Sovtek 12ax7
V2: ("vibrato" channel gain stage #1)... NOS RCA 5751
V3: (reverb driver)... Mullard 12at7
V4: ("vibrato" channel gain stage #2 and reverb return amplifier)... JJ Electronic 12dw7
V5: (tremolo driver)... JJ Electronic 12at7
V6: (phase inverter)... NOS Sovtek 12ax7

I'm mic'ing the amplifier with an original Electro-Voice EV 660 dynamic microphone (on the grill cloth,) and a Stellar CM-6 large diaphragm condenser microphone (about 3 feet away) > Warm Audio TB-12 Tone Beast preamplifier > P.A. / Mixer / Audio Interface

The pedalboard is wired with George L's Custom Cables and Lava Cable high-end "Tightrope," and everything is being powered by a Voodoo Labs ISO 5, a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power AC, and a Big Joe Stomp Box Company PB-101 Power Box.

I installed flexible LED strip lighting under the board, which has a remote to control the colors and patterns of the lights. (That said, I don't often turn them on, as they introduce a bit of noise into the signal chain when active.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pedalboard.jpg.15b24b7ed4e4d7eb9eba7ca8a3f4c562.jpg

2000 PRS Hollowbody I (w/ 57/08 pickups, L. R. Baggs piezo system, and PTC-modified electronics) >

Creation Music Company "Custom Streamliner Series" 32" x 16" pedalboard:

Boss ES-8 Effects Switching System
Loop #1: Geoffrey Teese Real McCoy Custom 3 wah (RMC3)
Loop #2: Lovetone Meatball
Loop #3: EBS Octabass
Loop #4: Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (push-pull / comp. cut FM version)
Loop #5: Boss DS-1 Distortion (Kinnatone modification)
Loop #6: Analogman Mini Bi-CompROSSer
Loop #7: Roger Linn AdrenaLinn III
Loop #8: Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler
Expression Pedal Loop: Line 6 EX-1
Volume Pedal Loop: Ernie Ball "Most Valuable Pedal" (6182)
Tuner Loop: Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
MIDI thru-box / interface: midiman midisport 4x4

Fender 1965 Deluxe Reverb Reissue [highly modified: Weber C12 California ceramic speaker, Groove Tubes solid state rectifier, JJ Electronic 6V6S power tubes (biased to 22 mA @ 415V,) a modified reverb circuit routed to the "normal" channel of the amplifier so the EQ and tapered audio potentiometer can be used to adjust the reverb flavor in lieu of the standard built-in linear reverb potentiometer, and the following preamplifier tubes in slots V1 - V6 respectively]

V1: ("normal" channel gain stage #1)... NOS Sovtek 12ax7
V2: ("vibrato" channel gain stage #1)... NOS RCA 5751
V3: (reverb driver)... Mullard 12at7
V4: ("vibrato" channel gain stage #2 and reverb return amplifier)... JJ Electronic 12dw7
V5: (tremolo driver)... JJ Electronic 12at7
V6: (phase inverter)... NOS Sovtek 12ax7

I'm mic'ing the amplifier with an original Electro-Voice EV 660 dynamic microphone (on the grill cloth,) and a Stellar CM-6 large diaphragm condenser microphone (about 3 feet away) > Warm Audio TB-12 Tone Beast preamplifier > P.A. / Mixer / Audio Interface

The pedalboard is wired with George L's Custom Cables and Lava Cable high-end "Tightrope," and everything is being powered by a Voodoo Labs ISO 5, a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power AC, and a Big Joe Stomp Box Company PB-101 Power Box.

I installed flexible LED strip lighting under the board, which has a remote to control the colors and patterns of the lights. (That said, I don't often turn them on, as they introduce a bit of noise into the signal chain when active.)

Damn son! That's a sweet set up!

The two on the left(EP Booster and HOF Reverb) are for my 50 watt HX/DA and the two on the right(Wampler Paisley Drive and Boss Delay) are for my Vibroking.

Back