Show your pedalboard!

Here's a pic of my pedalboard-version 54 maybe? Board controls a rack fwith a Mesa Triaxis, Mesa 20/20 amp, TC Electronics G Major. BTW, the Rocktron All Access was once owned by Dave Mustain. Loong story...

I just updated my main board. EP Booster and SP Compresso are always on. SL Drive, Bonamassa's wha, Bogner Red Ecstasy, Slash's Fuzz, Strymon's Mobius & TimeLine and another Ep Booster. The last one, I only use when I need to push a little more. On the pic, Lolla, The Frostbitch with the \m/ neck.

Sem título por aduayer, no Flickr

on the bottom my grab & go board

Sem título por aduayer, no Flickr

I have nothing to contribute because I was using the Fractal all of my patch changes were controlled via midi by laptop the drummer used for click and backing. It was nice not to have to step on anything! This will change very shortly though....

I have nothing to contribute because I was using the Fractal all of my patch changes were controlled via midi by laptop the drummer used for click and backing. It was nice not to have to step on anything! This will change very shortly though....

You aren't helping my Fractal GAS.

still have the Fractal kick in me. I bought one unit, had to sell and ever since is on my wish list...

Awesome pedal boards guys! My current main line up is this all powered by a PPII+ underneath

Here is mine...could be a new wah pedal (wah pedals confuse me lol)and a tc electronics polytune 2 on it tomorrow though

c32020f14a0e400c881507e1eeba75d9.jpg

Glad to see somebody else who enjoys Hardwire pedals...I use the DL-8 and the RV-7 in my pedal board and they are really great sounding..The Decimator is in my pedalboard too

I really do dig those Hardwire pedals. I can't rave enough about the Valve Distortion pedal - it's just awesome. I did end up replacing the Metal Distortion with a Micro Metal Muff, and I'm a LOT happier with it. Also, I find myself constantly tweaking the DL-8 to get the sound I'm looking for. Tricky little thing, that...

The one pedal left that's been kinda disappointing is the Decimator. I went with the G-String (which is, by far, the most expensive pedal on my board) because it has the dual guitar/loop throughputs. People raved that it killed the hiss without sapping tone or sustain, and that you could just leave it on and forget about it. But I've not found that to be the case. Sure, it kills the hiss like a champ. But I've noticed that, especially when playing clean or at lower volumes, when the pedal is turned on it absolutely destroys any sustain. Chords or notes that would ring forever get abruptly cut off; it's quite disappointing. I've found myself barely using it any more, which is even more of a disappointment given how expensive it was. Major bummer.

The one pedal left that's been kinda disappointing is the Decimator. I went with the G-String (which is, by far, the most expensive pedal on my board) because it has the dual guitar/loop throughputs. People raved that it killed the hiss without sapping tone or sustain, and that you could just leave it on and forget about it. But I've not found that to be the case. Sure, it kills the hiss like a champ. But I've noticed that, especially when playing clean or at lower volumes, when the pedal is turned on it absolutely destroys any sustain. Chords or notes that would ring forever get abruptly cut off; it's quite disappointing. I've found myself barely using it any more, which is even more of a disappointment given how expensive it was. Major bummer.

Interesting. I thought I was the only one. For me, it seems like if I roll my volume down much below 1/2 way on the guitar, it does that abrupt cutting thing. This is mostly on my high gain channel, I roll it down quite a bit for a still crunchy but less distorted tone. Pisses me off actually. I might tear my rig apart soon and try to clean some stuff up, maybe I'll experiment with something else in place of the decimator.

Do you have the original or the decimator II?

Last edited:
Interesting. I thought I was the only one. For me, it seems like if I roll my volume down much below 1/2 way on the guitar, it does that abrupt cutting thing. This is mostly on my high gain channel, I roll it down quite a bit for a still crunchy but less distorted tone. Pisses me off actually. I might tear my rig apart soon and try to clean some stuff up, maybe I'll experiment with something else in place of the decimator.

Do you have the original or the decimator II?

I've gotten around that problem with my MXR Noise Clamp by running my volume pedal after the first trip through the gate. So it goes guitar --> MXR --> Volume pedal --> amp --> FX loop out to MXR and so on. That way you can leave the volume up on your guitar to overcome the gate, but still reduce the input signal with the VP to get those crunchy tones. So if you have a volume pedal in your rig, that might be worth a shot.

The MXR has actually been a really nice gate, especially at a fraction of the cost of the ISP. I haven't tried the ISP, but from what I've heard, metal heads love it because it tracks REALLY closely, so they can kill the hiss on those staccato chugga riffs. The MXR is a little looser I think. Still kills the signal if you run the guitar volume at 0-2 or so, even at the low settings. But might be worth a try if you run across one at a shop or something.

I am so ridiculously overdue for a new one. I got a Mobius about a month and a half ago to replace the M5 that was on my pedalboard in the original post. I also got an interface made, like a junction box where all the cables plug in (except power). I have exceeded the limits of my board by at least an inch on each side.

Our drummer still wants to make me one, which is fine. I was thinking about picking up a Pelican 1600 case and building a board to fit it. That would give me several extra inches on each side and everything will be peachy, hopefully.

Anyone else order the Strymon Big Sky? I have one coming in from my Strymon pusher of choice. STL!

Back