Show your pedalboard!

This is my current configuration:
pedalboard413.jpg

On the board (discreet):
Wireless receiver, EP Boost, Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive, Wilson Haze, Korg Pitch Black Tuner.
In the Looper: Delay 1 (Electro-Harmonix #1 Digital Delay), Delays 2 & 3 (Analog Junk that I like - slapback & short), Boss CE-2 Chorus, MXR EQ
Under the board: 2 Voodoo Labs Pedal Powers
Off the board: Budda Wah, Budda Channel switcher, Bad Cat channel switcher, Fender '63 Reverb Unit & footswitch

Cool board - love the multiple delays and all.

TY sir. I have really been into players like Pete Thorn, Tim Pierce and Brent Mason lately. Between this thread and watching videos of these guys I decided to build a board.

Any drive pedal recommendations? There's just so much variety out there. Pedal option paralysis.

Yeah, there are TONS of options, and it really depends on what you want. My current favorite is the Analogman Prince of Tone! Such a great pedal and hard to beat it for the price ($138 + shipping). The Klon is another that I really like...but is very hard and very expensive to come by. Of course, I have OD pedal ADD....just look at my board...

This is going to sound fanboy-like, but so be it.

I really find that the Plimsoul is addictive. It's very, very musical, not just as a pedal to impress in a shop, but as something you want to use daily and don't grow tired of. It works in a lot of kinds of tracks, and you can do a whole lot of variations with it. The more I use it, the more I like it. The knobs are tweakable, and it sounds great in lots of settings.
I have to agree. The Plimsoul has currently replaced 2 pedals I was using in a chain. It also sounds great with a boost ahead of it!

This thread promises to be legendary. The pedalboard thread over on TDPRI is the most epic thread I've ever seen.

Anyway, here's my most recent pic, even though I've simplified since then. The small silver box is a true bypass loop for the Rotovibe. I mounted the Pedal Power on top because it was causing too much interference with the wah when mounted underneath.

The small silver box is a true bypass loop for the Rotovibe.
Hahaha, I did the exact same thing when I had a rotovibe back in 2003-04 ish, made a loop pedal out of an old broken shell from a RAT pedal. I think I still have it kicking around somewhere.

That was the first of MANY modulation pedals that have come and gone over the years. I still love the way that one sounded, but with both it and the RAT pedal, man, it was a lot to carry around for not much use. Still searching, hopefully my recently acquired M5 will be able to do something similar, still haven't worked it out yet.

This is going to sound fanboy-like, but so be it.

I really find that the Plimsoul is addictive. It's very, very musical, not just as a pedal to impress in a shop, but as something you want to use daily and don't grow tired of. It works in a lot of kinds of tracks, and you can do a whole lot of variations with it. The more I use it, the more I like it. The knobs are tweakable, and it sounds great in lots of settings.

Interestingly, I bought my son one (he's been recording 30 seconds to Mars' new album) but he's also a killer player, and he called me to say it's his favorite recording pedal, too. In fact, he uses it not only in front of an amp, but also at a low setting to warm up digital tracks, and it really works in that context. So there's that. The cool thing is that it can sound "soft" like a tube screamer type pedal, or "hard" like an OCD. It's very cool in that way, because some ODs don't mesh well with certain amps, and this one seems to go with most.

I also like the OCD and the Robin Trower ODs a lot, and the Fulldrive II is still a very cool pedal, but so far, I've had nothing that is as versatile as this Plimsoul.

The Mesa pedals are also very interesting and good sounding, at least to my ear. It's hard for me to find OD pedals I like as well as the basic amp OD sound, so that's saying something.

With the HX/DA, I tend to use overdrives more to shape the signal than to add gain per se.

Thanks for the input LS. I might have to try those out. Prymaxe is running 16% deal for Mother's Day.

Yeah, there are TONS of options, and it really depends on what you want. My current favorite is the Analogman Prince of Tone! Such a great pedal and hard to beat it for the price ($138 + shipping). The Klon is another that I really like...but is very hard and very expensive to come by. Of course, I have OD pedal ADD....just look at my board...

Those look nice as well. I will check them out.

I will be buying something while this coupon is running. Expect a report back soon.

Hahaha, I did the exact same thing when I had a rotovibe back in 2003-04 ish, made a loop pedal out of an old broken shell from a RAT pedal. I think I still have it kicking around somewhere.

That was the first of MANY modulation pedals that have come and gone over the years. I still love the way that one sounded, but with both it and the RAT pedal, man, it was a lot to carry around for not much use. Still searching, hopefully my recently acquired M5 will be able to do something similar, still haven't worked it out yet.

Man, I've had that Rotovibe since the mid 90's and only added the true bypass last year. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. No more tone suck and I can turn it on/off without changing the speed. That small box doesn't take up much real estate.

I read that they changed the design of the Rotobive a while back and of course the older ones sound better. So if you ever want another, hunt down an old one.

Man, I've had that Rotovibe since the mid 90's and only added the true bypass last year. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. No more tone suck and I can turn it on/off without changing the speed. That small box doesn't take up much real estate.

I read that they changed the design of the Rotobive a while back and of course the older ones sound better. So if you ever want another, hunt down an old one.
As a side story, when I bought my Rotovibe, at the time my pedalboard was all powered by batteries. About three weeks after I bought it, I played the worst show in my life. It was a "battle of the bands" to which our band had made the second round. It was a Wednesday night at The Mason Jar, a place that was legendary for Phoenix underground shows (Nirvana played there in 1990 for example) but when your set is at 12:00 am on a Wednesday night, you can expect a low turnout. The band before us were very young and badly played some 311 covers and stuff, and all their high school friends and stuff showed up and cheered them on. Not one of them stayed for our set. We played to the drummer's girlfriend, the soundman and the bartender who halfway through our set was loudly stacking chairs.

Sounds bad enough? Well, it turned out the battery in my Rotovibe was also dying, and I couldn't figure out why the hell my tone was so friggin terrible!! It was a new pedal and I didn't know what was going on. Troubleshooting gear in the middle of a show is never a good idea. I just kept playing, but man, it was beyond bad. Even with the 'vibe switched off it was sucking the life out of the guitar signal, all treble, no bass, no depth, nothing but fizzy crap.

After the show, once I finally figured out what was going on, I bought a DC Brick and built the true bypass looper, and never looked back to batteries again. Also, I flat out refuse any sort of "battle of the bands" offers no matter what they are.

Last edited:
I finally got around to finishing the BBE Supa-Charger modification. As I mentioned above, the BBE Supa-Charger IS NOT a drop-in replacement for a Pedal Power 2+ on a Pedaltrain board. Older model BBE Supa-Chargers may fit, but the current model will not fit without the replacing front mount IEC 320 C14 power inlet with a rear mount IEC 320 C14 (the Supa-Charger is too deep with the front mount power inlet installed). The Schurter power inlet is a perfect fit width-wise; however, one will have to remove around 1mm off of the top and bottom edges of the hole in order to get it fit into the hole.

Schurter 6100.3200 inlet on left, stock BBE inlet on the right

Schurter61003200_zps3987d789.jpg

Stock Supa-Charger

BBE-SupaCharger.jpg

BBE_Sound_Supa_2_zps835065e3.jpg

Supa-Charger with the Schurter 6100.3200 IEC 320 C14 power inlet installed

BBESCM-2_zpsabab9598.jpg

BBESCM-1_zps302a9b68.jpg

Modifed BBE Supa-Charger installed in a Pedaltrain Jr.

BBESCM-5_zps2effda08.jpg

BBESCM-3_zps662e1e73.jpg

BBESCM-6_zpscdff2f5d.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Em7.

I am looking at a FoxRox Octron and am still researching dirt boxes. Buying a few soon.

Nice work Em7.

I am looking at a FoxRox Octron and am still researching dirt boxes. Buying a few soon.

If you go with a Pedaltrain pedalboard, do yourself a favor and go with the Pedal Power 2+ (PP2+). I went back and forth between the two power supplies before finding a new Supa-Charger for $109.00 shipped on eBay. While I own a few nice pedals, I am not much of a pedal user; therefore, I did not want to spend the better part of $200.00 on a power supply. I was led to believe that the Supa-Charger was a drop-in replacement for the PP2+. However, as you can clearly see, a BBE Supa-Charger is not a perfect fit straight out of the box. I do not understand why BBE went with a front mount IEC 320 C14 inlet when there is basically no difference in price between the two mounting options. I am going to build my next pedalboard power supply from scratch.

If you go with a Pedaltrain pedalboard, do yourself a favor and go with the Pedal Power 2+ (PP2+). I went back and forth between the two power supplies before finding a new Supa-Charger for $109.00 shipped on eBay. While I own a few nice pedals, I am not much of a pedal user; therefore, I did not want to spend the better part of $200.00 on a power supply. I was led to believe that the Supa-Charger was a drop-in replacement for the PP2+. However, as you can clearly see, a BBE Supa-Charger is not a perfect fit straight out of the box. I do not understand why BBE went with a front mount IEC 320 C14 inlet when there is basically no difference in price between the two mounting options. I am going to build my next pedalboard power supply from scratch.

I'd actually recommend the Pedal Power 4x4 at this point; the outlets will power the 9 and 12 volt pedals that draw higher millivolt outputs. And they will still power the usual 9V pedals. I had an Iso5 to power my 9V pedals and my 12V TC Nova pedal, and added the PP digital to power the Eventide pedal, and more 9v pedals.

The VL products are excellent, and all the outlets are fully isolated. No hum, no noise at all.

I'd actually recommend the Pedal Power 4x4 at this point; the outlets will power the 9 and 12 volt pedals that draw higher millivolt outputs. And they will still power the usual 9V pedals. I had an Iso5 to power my 9V pedals and my 12V TC Nova pedal, and added the PP digital to power the Eventide pedal, and more 9v pedals.

The VL products are excellent, and all the outlets are fully isolated. No hum, no noise at all.

The one positive takeaway from modifying and installing the Supa-Charger is that six of the outlets are switchable between 9VDC and 12VDC. The other two are switchable between 9VDC and 16VDC. The unit itself is switchable between 120VAC and 240VAC.

Glad to see somebody else who enjoys Hardwire pedals...I use the DL-8 and the RV-7 in my pedal board and they are really great sounding..The Decimator is in my pedalboard too
I'm in the process of building a pair of pedalboards. So far I've finished the board I'll use for my electric shows, and I'm currently working on the one I'll use for my acoustic shows. I'm also building accompanying ATA cases for each board. Here's the electric board:

IMG_0849_zps4066a9f8.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's the back...I used a little aluminum corner extrusion as a small backplate for the "upper deck", which basically holds all the stuff that's going through my amp's effects loop:

IMG_0851_zps874c4066.jpg
[/IMG]

I really like those Hardwire pedals, obviously. The Tube Overdrive is nice and crunchy without being muffled, and the Valve Distortion is by far the best overall distortion pedal I've ever used. The Metal Distortion is kinda crap, and will likely be replaced with a Micro Metal Muff in the near future. The delay and reverb pedals offer so many options within a tiny stompbox. All in all, I'm happy with the build. If folks are interested, I'll post pics of the boards in the ATA cases once they're done.

So here is the final version of this one. I added a right angle cable to the power input on the Line 6 M5. Here it is with the case I bought way back that has been in and out of many vehicles and clubs over the years.

2013-05-17120735.jpg

...and how nicely it fits in the case.

2013-05-17120754.jpg

I suppose I could have straightened things out a little better.

The only thing I reall want to add is underneath the tuner, it would be sweet to have in interface, like a patch bay. In from guitar, out to amp. In from FX send, Out to FX return, plus a TRS cable for the amp footswitch. Then I can reorganize my cables going to and from the amp with a nice braided sleeve with heatshrink ends, instead of bunched up and held together with cable ties like now.

Here's a pic of my pedal board, version 5. All plugged into a rack with Mesa Triaxis, Mesa 20/20 power, G-Major. The Rocktron All Access was actually Dave Mustain's-long story...

Back