Show your pedalboard!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Beef, Apr 24, 2013.

1. littlebadboy

littlebadboy New Member

Dayem... That is so sweet! I'd like to have one if it wasn't out of my price range!

2. Tosca

Tosca Death by a million mini-toggles...

3. jxe

jxe New Member

jd > coke > keith > tele deluxe > blackface super reverb > coors chaser

4. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Ha! I had to go back because I didn't see any lines cut on top of that cab. "Coke" was real Coke, not what I was thinking!

5. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

I read this post and couldn’t figure out why you were talking about Coca-Cola, and not finding piping inserts near the edges of the cabinet’s top, in the same sentence.

Then I realized what kind of “line” you meant.

I am a dullard.

Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.
  6. jxe

jxe New Member

rider specified an eight of coke and the u.s. promoter got him six 12 oz cans.

bodia likes this.
  7. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan DGT Club Vice President

8. prsrocker1988

prsrocker1988 New Member

I love it! The Chime has a great Petty-sounding Vox tone, and the Iron is that big Tweed Stonesy vibe.

For years I would take my small 50s Tweed Deluxe, put a slapback echo pedal in line always on, plug it into an A/B box, and put it on my pedalboard and treat it as an overdrive pedal! Cranked, miced, and when I wanted a big fat guitar sound for a solo, I could bring that in with my main rig and basically I would treat it as a pedal. I would take my guitar cable into the input, and A would be my pedalboard into my main amp, and B would be a cord straight into the Deluxe with the echo on top of the amp. So I could have a straight in tone with the Tweed while still having all my effects and main amp still on. I really looked at it like I was just turning on a pedal. A would always be on, and B could bring the Tweed in and out. But instead of the board going to both amps, it only went to one as I wanted to have a raw tone for the Tweed. I really don't have to do that now with the PettyDrive, lol. I never found a Tweed in a box pedal that worked for me, whereas I have had good luck with Marshall in a box pedals that were satisfactory, but Tweed in a box pedals ended up sounding like fuzzboxes, there was no clarity or definition. It was like a Tweed on 12, not 7 or 8, before it fell apart. Well the Iron accomplishes this quite nicely. It retains that definition while still feeling like a little Tweed combo. I never used it to get a stereo vibe, I only brought the Tweed in for solos mostly. Basically again, treating it like an overdrive. I just magically thought of it one day and wrote it out and starting doing it. Most use A/B boxes for stereo or to switch back and forth between amps. For me it was just about getting a great solo tone and then turn off the B side when I was done. It's an expensive overdrive pedal. ;)