Show your pedalboard!

Hey what do you think of that AC boost? I'm considering getting one, very nice.

It was a mainstay on my board for about 10 years, but has sadly now gone up to the great pedal board in the sky. Xotic was really cool about it and sold me a replacement for very cheap, but in the meantime I had picked up a Simble and the AC Booster love affair ended. It was a great pedal, though. I used it as an OD and a boost at various times. Apparently the new ones sound different (probably better from what I know).

This reminds me I really need to finish off my new minimalist board. I'm down to just Tuner, OD, Boost, Delay at the moment.

This is my current board. Small, portable and covers much stuff.

IMG_00044.jpg

Here's my current set up sans board. It's still expanding so I'm holding off on purchasing a board until I'm done:)
IMG_2716_zpscumatul8.jpg

With the addition of the Strymon pedals I set up a stereo rig. A lone star special with a C90 and a Stiletto ace with a V30. They blend very well and sound HUGE.

Here's my current set up sans board. It's still expanding so I'm holding off on purchasing a board until I'm done:)
IMG_2716_zpscumatul8.jpg

With the addition of the Strymon pedals I set up a stereo rig. A lone star special with a C90 and a Stiletto ace with a V30. They blend very well and sound HUGE.

I so like that you're doing that stereo rig thing.

So I just posted something in the equivalent thread in the Electric Guitars section. Any thought to merging these two threads? Seems a shame to have to separate threads in different areas that seem to be discussing the same material. I know I didn't see this thread for quite some time...

I hear you, mine is homemade as well. It's designed to fit in a Pelican 1600 case. I will have to take better pictures when I do my revamp.

20161231_082505.jpg
Nice! Great set up. I see you are using daisy chains as well. Do you find the cause noise? Static buzz in paticular?

Nice! Great set up. I see you are using daisy chains as well. Do you find the cause noise? Static buzz in paticular?

I was getting some noise using my 10 year old Dunlop DC Brick. I recently just switched out the DC brick with a One Spot that powers the low power pedals - the tuner, the Blues Driver and the Wampler. The Drop has its own, as does the delay and the Mobius. So, yes, I am using 4 power adapters for 6 pedals... kinda ridiculous. I was thinking about picking up a Strymon Ojai or something because that has isolated outputs which should prevent noise. Any of the digital pedals are going to be noisy on a daisy chain.

It was a mainstay on my board for about 10 years, but has sadly now gone up to the great pedal board in the sky. Xotic was really cool about it and sold me a replacement for very cheap, but in the meantime I had picked up a Simble and the AC Booster love affair ended. It was a great pedal, though. I used it as an OD and a boost at various times. Apparently the new ones sound different (probably better from what I know).

This reminds me I really need to finish off my new minimalist board. I'm down to just Tuner, OD, Boost, Delay at the moment.

I finally got my AC boost and I really like it alot, definitely adds an edge to the lead tone. I traded the BB pre-amp for a Tim v1 and I'd have to say that has probably been the best trade off I've ever made. I'm a big fan of Xotic pedals, but I am noticing a similarly.

I finally got my AC boost and I really like it alot, definitely adds an edge to the lead tone. I traded the BB pre-amp for a Tim v1 and I'd have to say that has probably been the best trade off I've ever made. I'm a big fan of Xotic pedals, but I am noticing a similarly.

IIRC, and I could be totally wrong, but I had a friend who did pedal stuff and he told me the RC, AC, and BB are all the same basic circuit except the gain increases as you go from RC to AC to BB. So I totally get it.

IIRC, and I could be totally wrong, but I had a friend who did pedal stuff and he told me the RC, AC, and BB are all the same basic circuit except the gain increases as you go from RC to AC to BB. So I totally get it.

I'm not versed on the BB, but that makes sense for RC vs. AC. I've seen on the interwebz that RC=Really Clean and AC-Almost Clean.

I dig the Xotic stuff, too. I've been favoring the Simble for OD though, so the SL Drive is off the board for now, but I replaced it with another Xotic--the SP Compressor.

The BB is literally the best sounding OD I've come across! I really love every aspect of that pedal. I own maybe 25 different overdrives and the BB just makes me want to sell the rest.

The BB is literally the best sounding OD I've come across! I really love every aspect of that pedal. I own maybe 25 different overdrives and the BB just makes me want to sell the rest.

I tend to agree, even though I have an OCD on the board right now (I'll explain why in a sec). I've never tried another pedal that works so well with my DG30 amp, in particular. It has a really lovely coloration, and it blends in with the amp very nicely.

The BB stands for "Bluesbreaker" and it's more or less something that lends a bit of that classic BB amp coloration, which already exists in spades with the HXDA. The OCD is a bit more neutral, hence it works with all 3 of my amps. So that's what's on the board right now.

What I shoulda, woulda, coulda done was to keep the BB and have both pedals on the board. I didn't. The OCD is a great pedal, and everything's all set up, so honestly what's keeping me from having both is sheer laziness.

You guys are making me want to try a BB. It might have to get in line behind the Supro Drive, which I'm interested in particularly to take advantage of the expression pedal control of the gain.

Back