Show your pedal boards here!

jMsAk4K.jpg

Mmmmmmm....FAT SANDWICH. Looks discontinued, sounds amazing. Anyone know what the current version is called?

No current version. They made them in gold and black. Same pedal different cosmetic. Heard about them from Tom Bukovac and I love it for solos.

Thanks! Im kinda fond of it, but still trying to figure out how to fully take advantage of the programming.

Being an old studio MIDI rat, I can say that once you get the hang of it, it’s a breeze, and there’s a lot you can do to customize things and get exactly what you need. There’s a learning curve at first.

But heck, you’ve got some first-cabin stuff, and the board looks the business! Two thumbs up!

I decided to clean the room up and take a better pic. So I deleted the old Imgur pics.

Workstation area; this end of the room needed a lot of bass trapping and reflection control:

IJSWuVV.jpg

And recording area; this side of the room needed only bass traps in the corners behind the amps, and turned out to be a really good-sounding space!

tlPQPM3.jpg

Looks better now, but still...I should call it Craptastic Shoebox Studio!

Last edited:
‘what is that mysterious hunk of studio equipment? oh, it’s a basket.’

I decided to clean the room up and take a better pic. So I deleted the old Imgur pics.

Workstation area; this end of the room needed a lot of bass trapping and reflection control:

IJSWuVV.jpg

And recording area; this side of the room needed only bass traps in the corners behind the amps, and turned out to be a really good-sounding space!

tlPQPM3.jpg

Looks better now, but still...I should call it Craptastic Shoebox Studio!

‘what is that mysterious hunk of studio equipment? oh, it’s a basket.’

Hey! Baskets are studio gear! :)

I’ve used them for many years to store spare cables, extra headphones, extension cords, microphone pop filter goosenecks, wall warts, mic clips, adapters, head demagnetizers, tape machine cleaning supplies (for the Echoplex and cassette machine I use for lo-fi), extra cable wraps, and other small or oddly-shaped stuff I need to get to without having to rummage through my storage room.

I have the usual suspect storage boxes filled to the brim in my storage room with stuff I’m not using at all, but can’t seem to throw out. Plus a footlocker filled two feet deep with long cables I used with my old console at my former studio. I don’t even remember what’s in it, but I’m pretty sure the majority are 25’ D-Sub to D-Subs that went from the console to the patchbay, 20 foot MIDI cables, SCSI cables, TT patchbay cables, etc. Truth is, I’m afraid to even look, I’ll just get depressed that I spent all that money on wire I can’t use now.

The cabinets are already full of mics, manuals, tools, pedals, electronic gear, backup media, CDs, spare tubes, and other stuff that’s large enough not to get lost or in the way.

Baskets are much lighter than wooden or molded cases, and they’re surprisingly strong. Some of the ones here have been in use close to 20 years, and they’re still in great shape.

What are you using to store the effluvia, bits and pieces that get scattered everywhere in most studios?

Last edited:
A likely story. ;)

I have some spares I’m not using that Jamie brought home from college, if you need a few more.

I might.

The secret is to shake them and let all the little stuff sift out the bottom, thus negating the need to dig through them.

I might.

The secret is to shake them and let all the little stuff sift out the bottom, thus negating the need to dig through them.

My problem was always that the little stuff always turned out to be stuff I needed, it’d get lost, and I’d discover that only when I actually needed it.

There’s no perfect solution, but I’ve found Pottery Barn baskets are both practical and kinda cute. Actually, I’m a complete sucker for Pottery Barn stuff, as we’ve discussed before. I could move into a Pottery Barn store and live there just fine.

The customers would come in, and I’d be like, in a towel carrying my toothbrush to the bathroom, and I suppose I’d just say “Hello, welcome to Pottery Barn,” and go on about my business. o_O

Back