Show Your EG...

In light of all the recent interest in the "Sweet Little EG-3 (Incoming)" thread, I've been encouraged to start a new thread for these great guitars and post photos of my own EG. Here goes.

Back-story: Bought back in 1999 at a local guitar show, and believe it or not, on my way out out of the house, my wife grinned and asked me "OK... what are you looking for?" (My wife is way too supportive of me and guitars!) My answer was: "Really nothing... just looking..." (I meant it, but still, lol.) "But if you DID see something, what would it be?" Well, I thought for a second and said that I'd just love another chance to find one of those nice EG-3s I'd sampled back in '93. (By 1999, they were pretty rare to see around here, IME.) And so, off I went.

Well, I walked in the door at the show (it was a huge room) and there was the following guitar, mint, parked not 50 ft from the entrance! Played it for a good while, and it both played and sounded fantastic. (Like, wow!) Now, cue the Outer Limits theme twice when I tell you there was also a second identical white one parked only 100 ft more down the line! Of course, at that point, I played them both, and one was clearly a winner (the other, er, not so much). So what else could I do? I came home that day with this little beauty...

Beautiful !!

These photos are pretty close to color, and the pearloid pickguard was already a warmer tone than the body back in 1999. It hasn't noticeably changed since that point, either.
There's also an odd discrepancy in the serial number with mine, too; the first digit seems to indicate a 1993 build, but the last four digits indicate more towards the end of 1994. Huh.

Cool thread... I had one of these elusive beasts in the '90s for a couple years... here's the only two pics I could find of it...

prs_eg2.jpg
prs_eg2_bod.jpg

I loved the guitar but hated the colour... let it go pretty much only because of the colour... I've regretted it ever since; should have refinished it...
That's funny, because if there was one solid color I would want above all else, it would be seafoam green. Dunno why, and I must admit 10 years ago I probably wouldn't have desired such a thing, but now it seems like a nice fit, a retro color in just the right way.

That's funny, because if there was one solid color I would want above all else, it would be seafoam green. Dunno why, and I must admit 10 years ago I probably wouldn't have desired such a thing, but now it seems like a nice fit, a retro color in just the right way.

I'm a sucker for Seafoam!

I've had mine for 23 years when I saw it and played it, it was love at first sight.

Cool thread... I had one of these elusive beasts in the '90s for a couple years... here's the only two pics I could find of it...

prs_eg2.jpg
prs_eg2_bod.jpg

I loved the guitar but hated the colour... let it go pretty much only because of the colour... I've regretted it ever since; should have refinished it...

All those in a room would keep me awake all night. Awesome !!

I found this thread while doing a web search and just joined so I could reply. Cool to see so many people who understand the virtues of these unique axes. I first discovered them in the mid 90s when I was shopping for a strat, and by the time I decided to buy one they were no longer being made. Ouch! The next year I ran across a unique mash-up: a Custom 22 with EG3 Fralin dominos, a one-off made for a NAMM show. That was my first PRS, and since then I've found 4 EGs (3 pictured below) with various pickup configs, and a CE22. Of them all, the EG3 in the top center is my favorite recording guitar, but each one has its own thing.

Smith_Family_Portrait2.jpg

My newest EG3 (not pictured) is a Grey/Black Burst that I bought on Ebay. Unfortunately the prior owner was a heavy smoker and I am still looking for a way to get the smell out - it makes me sneeze to play.

That John Mayer prototype looks a lot like an EG... just sayin.

prs_eg2.jpg
prs_eg2_bod.jpg

I had one just like this, except mine had a pearloid guard.

Have to post three times before I can post a link...this is number 2, picture coming

Back