Show yer Paul's Guitar thread

Here's my Forum Guitar, a Paul's Guitar in Black Gold. Not a great picture, but an amazing guitar! :)
git.jpg

I have a bit of a funny history with this guitar. Saw it online and obsessed over it for weeks. Finally pulled the trigger but just had trouble connecting with it. I haden't owned a PRS in a long, long time and never one with pickups like this. So.... I actually sold it. Buyer receives it and says he doesn't like the color and can he return it (it was obvious he just had buyers remorse but that's a whole other story). Sigh. I really hate selling gear online to people I don't know. Anyway, after much back and forth I took it back.

The thing is, I really missed it. So when I got it back I focused on finding out what this guitar is rather than expecting it to be something else. And wouldn't you know it, now I love e the thing! Meant to be I suppose and all thanks to a deadbeat buyer.

A9A89DBC-7A56-4732-BDD8-22564B679547_zpssaipndum.jpg

I have a bit of a funny history with this guitar. Saw it online and obsessed over it for weeks. Finally pulled the trigger but just had trouble connecting with it. I haden't owned a PRS in a long, long time and never one with pickups like this. So.... I actually sold it. Buyer receives it and says he doesn't like the color and can he return it (it was obvious he just had buyers remorse but that's a whole other story). Sigh. I really hate selling gear online to people I don't know. Anyway, after much back and forth I took it back.

The thing is, I really missed it. So when I got it back I focused on finding out what this guitar is rather than expecting it to be something else. And wouldn't you know it, now I love e the thing! Meant to be I suppose and all thanks to a deadbeat buyer.

A9A89DBC-7A56-4732-BDD8-22564B679547_zpssaipndum.jpg

I do love a happy ending!

No handstand but here's mine. Like stratlanta I didn't bond with this one right at first but after I took some time to really dig into it I came around. It has become my favorite (don't tell the DGT) I sometimes think that if I had to pare down to only one this would be it. But that's crazy talk...

20150607_093001

Here's a repost of mine, since photobucket has changed.....

Faded Vintage Yellow w/ trem.

Without a doubt this guitar is one of my favorites. I think the ONLY way it could be better (more versatile) is if it had the piezo system. If I ever get around to doing a PS, it will have the PG electronics. The switching is so much easier, and the single coil sounds are fantastic!!

35828381721_73025495fc_o.jpg

Here's a repost of mine, since photobucket has changed.....

Faded Vintage Yellow w/ trem.

Without a doubt this guitar is one of my favorites. I think the ONLY way it could be better (more versatile) is if it had the piezo system. If I ever get around to doing a PS, it will have the PG electronics. The switching is so much easier, and the single coil sounds are fantastic!!

35828381721_73025495fc_o.jpg

a classic color on a beautiful top

Two things........can anyone tell my why my pics uploaded yesterday and visible then from photobucket have crapped out on me ? I looked up the P500 fix.......sadly I don’t speak computer very well and have no idea what you do with the very little information (link) given to rectify the issue. Where do you put that link ? I’m hoping / guessing others members on here will have already encountered this and can help me out. Cheers in advance.* I’ll be sure and edit paragraph out once my pics are proudly on display again.

More importantly..........I don’t know how you use your Paul’s guitars but I like mine for HEAVY STUFF. But it seems most PRS people probably wouldn’t use the PRSZ I’ve chosen, a Paul’s obviously and a couple of 513’s for high gain stuff necessarily. That’s what Custom 24’s, Tremonti’s, Holcomb’s and the like are for.

Well this is my fav PRS Paul’s Guitar video & I think it deserves a place in the thread to show another facet of this most glorious member of the PRS family (next to the 513) to perspective owners........and who doesn’t love Rabea of Anderton’s and Chappers fame. Enjoy !

Last edited:
PRSh seems to play mainly in the blues/rock genre, from what I’ve seen/heard. I would have thought it would lend itself to that style well?

Alnus Rubra,

Before becoming a cultured member of the PRS Owners club, I thought they were all shred guitars.
I think the “Paul’s Guitar” certainly appears to have been made and marketed to cater primarily to the Blues / Rock / Jazz players over the Heavy Rock / Shredders. I myself never intended to use my Paul’s or though it suited for the style of music for which I’m now primarily using it? I’m just singing it’s praises and hope people don’t overlook this model because they think they may not be as versatile or as adept at high gain stuff as other Core models. This thread is only three pages after all. The pick-up’s are certainly up to the task. The only negative for the die hard metal type guy that I could see is that they are only 22 frets.

Of course there’s never any set rules in the guitar world. Billy Duffy and Ol’ Ted Nugent among many others broke all the rules long ago with fully hollow guitars and I’m seeing more and more players in local metal type bands wielding things like “F” Jag’s, Jazzmasters and the like.

Last edited:
Back