Should I trade?

That HBII is absolutely stunning!!

Its worth trading IF you will get more use out of it. Whether it has more 'value' later on is a secondary consideration if you get much more value and use out of it. I don't think you would have any trouble selling the HBII either - its a stunning looking guitar in a beautiful and desirable colour.

I purposely read OP then posted, so I wouldn't know what other said til I had shared my opinion.

Trade! You said you don't play the Al D guitar. And, while the picture sometimes makes me blurry eyed, I don't recall seeing an HB in your vault. At that point, a few bucks in longer term value isn't a big deal, IMHO. If you have other HBs and I missed that, then I have no opinion either way.

Assuming they are even close in value though, trading a guitar you don't play for one you will, is always a good trade! In fact, I just practiced what I preached with Brian.

Here's the thing... The AL D. might seem like it's the same value as some HBII's right now, but think about it: One one hand there's a ltd. guitar with a wacky stain job that most folk's are afraid of rockin'. On the other hand there's a rad guitar in a color that most people could live with that is still being produced, and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Which one of those has the potential to be the next Metal, or the next Tri-Color Custom 24, the next Crackle, Multi-foil, or dear god, the next Happy-Foil?

Historically speaking, the wacky/unique/snapshot-of-a-moment-in-time production guitars will always stand a better chance of being more valuable, and certainly more collectable than most of the other guitars (in which I'd include most customer commissioned PS).I assume the guy that wants to trade is using the same logic.

Here's the other thing: Right now is the time to buy. Not sell, not trade, buy. If I could buy an Al D. model for what either I or bodia, or some other people have paid for their HB I/II's I would in an instant. There are definitely deals to be had right now.

At first I thought HBII for versatility but yes the Al D is a LTD. you ask which hold it’s value in the long run. I believe there’s a hell of a lot more HBIIs out there compared to Al D Prisms. Sergio’s reply is right on point.

So, if anyone knows if Matt made this trade of not, we should all go back and edit our posts to say he’d be silly to do whichever he did. We could call it “fun with old thread bumps.”

Ok, reluctantly... neither have I.

Months?!!! I haven't since those "This is your brain on drugs" commercials back in the day...I don't know about y'all...but no matter how hard I tried...I never was able to get that "eggs frying in a skillet" sound, and I did a LOT of them...allegedlyo_O

It was nice, but I bought a couple more HBII's. Really liked those. I kept them and sold the red one. Bought another Tremonti and SCT with that money!

Back