She Said...I Heard...

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
I've been talking about another PS build for a while now. Not entirely sure what my specs will be, but it's been on my mind. When I did my build, I told my wife I kind of wanted to go alone. This time, I said I'd like for her to go to see what I've gushed about ever since.

At some point roaming Experience last week, I mentioned it again and said something about what we'd do during the PS build fun (hotel, food - don't remember).

SHE SAID - "Well, I think I'd go with you once. I don't know that I'd need to be there for more than that."

I HEARD - "I'll go with you for the next one, but you're on your own for all the ones after that."

Yep! I think you're reading that one right! :D

I've been talking about another PS build for a while now. Not entirely sure what my specs will be, but it's been on my mind. When I did my build, I told my wife I kind of wanted to go alone. This time, I said I'd like for her to go to see what I've gushed about ever since.

At some point roaming Experience last week, I mentioned it again and said something about what we'd do during the PS build fun (hotel, food - don't remember).

SHE SAID - "Well, I think I'd go with you once. I don't know that I'd need to be there for more than that."

I HEARD - "I'll go with you for the next one, but you're on your own for all the ones after that."

I've been talking about another PS build for a while now. Not entirely sure what my specs will be, but it's been on my mind.

Alan, you’ve already gone the more traditional route. This time, maybe consider something more metal. You know, grim reaper or dead crow inlays, the whole guitar made from ebony, all-black hardware, heck, you could be a complete madman and have he guitar shaped like an executioner’s axe to match that bass.

I know I want to see someone do this, just for the sheer entertainment value of showing my wife and having her say, “Eeew, who would do that?”

And I could say, “Hey, one my PRS forum buddies did it.”

And she’d be like, “I’m so not surprised.”

Then I could say, “So when I order my next private stock, don’t worry, I won’t do that.” And then she’d say, “I think you should do it so that I could execute you with it.”

Then I’d say, “If you do that, there won’t be anyone to, like, take out the garbage.” And she’ll relent. She’ll say, “You do more for me than take out the garbage, dear.” And I’ll say, “Yeah, I know. I also kill spiders for you.”

Then we’ll hug and she’ll say, “I want you to order another private stock before they run out of them.” And I’ll say, “Then I’d better hurry, because I hear they’re running low on everything. I’m gonna call Jack right away.”

And she’ll say, “Why, you big trickster!” And I’ll play all innocent and deny it. And I’ll be like, “You sure you don’t want me to get a PS shaped like an executioner’s axe to kill the spiders with?”

And she’ll say, “Dude, you, like, use a vacuum for that.” And I’ll say something like, “Then maybe the guitar should be shaped like a vacuum cleaner.” And she’ll be all, “Pass me whatever you’re smoking.”

And then we’ll start tickling each other and I’ll say, “We should be quiet so we don’t wake the kids.” And she’ll be all like, “The kids grew up and left home years ago.” And I’ll say, “Really? I didn’t even know that! They didn’t come down into the basement to say goodbye or anything. But it has been pretty quiet around here.”

Then I’ll settle down in my chair with my iPad and go to the PRS Forum and post a bunch of stoopit nonsense.

Last edited:
Show my wife pics of some of these incredible PS guitars and say to her, good god look at this.........holy cow that's expensive...........I can't get over how many of these crazy guys spend that kind if money on a GUITAR...............if I had one built I'd never spend that much.

Show my wife pics of some of these incredible PS guitars and say to her, good god look at this.........holy cow that's expensive...........I can't get over how many of these crazy guys spend that kind if money on a GUITAR...............if I had one built I'd never spend that much.

Well, a lot of folks feel that way about the high-priced motorcycles you ride, and even think you’re crazy to expose yourself to increased risk of injury on a bike.

Yet I’m sure that choice makes perfect sense as far as you’re concerned, because you like doing it.

It’s all a matter of personal preference and priorities. Some of us get a huge kick out of playing super-nice guitars.

Last edited:

I’ll go with you Big Al, but my duties may be different. I’ll be an enabler.

What I said, ...see above. What Les heard, ........that's too much money to spend on a guitar. What I meant,.......got to find a way to trick my wife into being ok with a PS purchase. What I HOPE my wife thinks.........if I let him get this maybe he won't buy any more guitars.

My conclusion, smart wife has paid Les a small fee to keep me in check.

What I hope the forum members think......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

What I said, ...see above. What Les heard, ........that's too much money to spend on a guitar. What I meant,.......got to find a way to trick my wife into being ok with a PS purchase. What I HOPE my wife thinks.........if I let him get this maybe he won't buy any more guitars.

My conclusion, smart wife has paid Les a small fee to keep me in check.

What I hope the forum members think......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Yeah, I totally misinterpreted that. I blame myself. I’m on your side on the PS thing. ;)

When I brought up the idea of buying another PRS I got ..... Well just to keep things clean ... OH HELL NO! YOU ARE NOT BUYING ANOTHER .....GUITAR!

She never said I couldn't try to win one.:rolleyes:

At least you broke the ice. Takes a while for ideas to percolate. But you planted the seed. Now, when you walk in the door with the new guitar, the conversation might go like this:

“Hey, I’ve got great news! I quit my job today, and I’m joining a new band.”

“Whaaaat???”

“Yup. Had an offer to join a band, and decided to quit my job. Oh, and the band has a great-looking woman singer. I think she likes me. But don’t worry, I told her I was married.”

“You did WHAAAT? You told WHO WHAT????!!??”

“Hahaha! Just kidding, dear. All I did was buy that new guitar we talked about. Hey, what’s for dinner? I’m starved!”

Now that I have the PS my wife doesn't even pause when I look at core models.
That plan worked.
I'm my biggest obstacle. I get buyers remorse before I purchase things, so I don't.
Need to take a lesson from the shirt I'm wearing:
20180618_075542_zpsrt9qhhrd.jpg

Wise words.

Back