Shawn's 15th Anniversary With PRS!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! On one hand, the 15 years as flown by, but on the other hand it seems like a lifetime ago when I think of my days working in the wood shop sanding guitars. It has been an amazing experience regardless.

For those who may not know, as PRS employees, we get a pretty sweet perk called "Employee Guitars". We get a guitar after 2 years of service and again at 7 years, 15 years, 20, 25, 30, etc. With each increment, the list of options grows broader. We do have to pay for the materials used to build the guitar, but we don't have to pay for the labor. It allows us to get some amazing guitars at a deeply reduced rate. And of course Paul hand signs each guitar with the inscription "Employee Guitar Custom Built For ________"

For my 15 year employee guitar I'm going to get an SC594 Artist Package with a dark Brazzy board, figured mahogany body and neck, maple top. I haven't decided on the color yet and the color will determine if I get a flame maple top or quilt. Either way, I'm looking forward to the build process and of course adding another Employee Guitar to the PRS collection!

That sounds like a really cool build, Shawn. I'll second the call for pictures - love to see the in-progress stuff.

Congrats Shawn!
You've made it past the longest stretch of employment you have to wait for the next employee guitar...the next 5 years will fly by!
(Also love the idea of a Shawn's guitar build thread.)

Congrats on 15 years, Shawn!!! Great to have you around here as well. Can't wait to see the new guitar!

Kevin

For my 15 year employee guitar I'm going to get an SC594 Artist Package with a dark Brazzy board, figured mahogany body and neck, maple top. I haven't decided on the color yet and the color will determine if I get a flame maple top or quilt. Either way, I'm looking forward to the build process and of course adding another Employee Guitar to the PRS collection!

I like the sound of that!

Oh, and: Gold Leaf.

So because I never go into the "Forum Rules and News" area (I'm here now because of an accidental click!), this is the first I saw of this. Congrats Shawn! That is so awesome!

I wouldn't be playing PRS Guitars if it weren't for a handful of people...and Shawn is one of the handful.

Shawn Nuthall, Brian Meader, and David Grissom - are the people who gave me reason to join the PRS Ranks. (The Maker goes without saying.)

Thank you, Shawn, and congratulations!

Back