Shawn's 15th Anniversary With PRS!

sergiodeblanc

Everybody's favorite PRS employee Shawn Nuthall has put in 15 years this week!

Shawn has given us an unprecedented look inside PRS as the OP of Private Stock Friday, and as the Manager of the Customer Service Department, has to field more silly questions about guitars from knuckleheads like us than Paul himself probably has to on a daily basis... and all without going postal!

Show him some love for all he has done for us!!! Congrats, Shawn!!!

...now, what's your new employee guitar gonna be?

I bought my first PRS a couple years after Shawn started then. Guess I was waiting for them to get it right.

Happy anny, Shawn!

Happy Anniversary Shawn! I'm with Sergio, what are ya gonna build?

Happy 15th anniversary!
Limited run of Employee-guitar-for-the-forum to celebrate it!!!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! On one hand, the 15 years as flown by, but on the other hand it seems like a lifetime ago when I think of my days working in the wood shop sanding guitars. It has been an amazing experience regardless.

For those who may not know, as PRS employees, we get a pretty sweet perk called "Employee Guitars". We get a guitar after 2 years of service and again at 7 years, 15 years, 20, 25, 30, etc. With each increment, the list of options grows broader. We do have to pay for the materials used to build the guitar, but we don't have to pay for the labor. It allows us to get some amazing guitars at a deeply reduced rate. And of course Paul hand signs each guitar with the inscription "Employee Guitar Custom Built For ________"

For my 15 year employee guitar I'm going to get an SC594 Artist Package with a dark Brazzy board, figured mahogany body and neck, maple top. I haven't decided on the color yet and the color will determine if I get a flame maple top or quilt. Either way, I'm looking forward to the build process and of course adding another Employee Guitar to the PRS collection!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! On one hand, the 15 years as flown by, but on the other hand it seems like a lifetime ago when I think of my days working in the wood shop sanding guitars. It has been an amazing experience regardless.

For those who may not know, as PRS employees, we get a pretty sweet perk called "Employee Guitars". We get a guitar after 2 years of service and again at 7 years, 15 years, 20, 25, 30, etc. With each increment, the list of options grows broader. We do have to pay for the materials used to build the guitar, but we don't have to pay for the labor. It allows us to get some amazing guitars at a deeply reduced rate. And of course Paul hand signs each guitar with the inscription "Employee Guitar Custom Built For ________"

For my 15 year employee guitar I'm going to get an SC594 Artist Package with a dark Brazzy board, figured mahogany body and neck, maple top. I haven't decided on the color yet and the color will determine if I get a flame maple top or quilt. Either way, I'm looking forward to the build process and of course adding another Employee Guitar to the PRS collection!

It would be neat to chronicle your build als PSF...call it Shawnstock Thursday or something like that:)

Congrats and Happy Anniversary Shawn! Thanks for all you do for us!

And Sergio,... how did you know this???
Dangit Dangit DANGIT!

Carnac.jpg

Happy Anniversary, Shawn. Are you able to show us what you chose for the years two and seven?

I'll have to take some photos. Year 2 is a Custom 22 in Blue Matteo with rosewood neck and 57/08's. Year 7 is a Custom 22 with matching headstock veneer. It originally had Starla pickups in it, but they were too bright for me so I installed a set of covered 59/09's. And of course I have the Paul's Guitar the forum so kindly gave to me. The SC594 will round out the collection nice (for my style), although I will add a Hollowbody one day.

Happy anniversary, Shawn!
I'll have to take some photos. Year 2 is a Custom 22 in Blue Matteo with rosewood neck and 57/08's. Year 7 is a Custom 22 with matching headstock veneer. It originally had Starla pickups in it, but they were too bright for me so I installed a set of covered 59/09's. And of course I have the Paul's Guitar the forum so kindly gave to me. The SC594 will round out the collection nice (for my style), although I will add a Hollowbody one day.
PICTURES! PICK. CHERS. PICTURES.

Also, where's that PSF/M you promised us...

Last edited:
Back