Shawn's 15 Year Employee Guitar, Start To Finish

Correction, Solana Burst was available in 2017, but it has been removed for 2018. Here is a current list of available Artist Package colors.

• Aquamarine
  • Autumn Sky
  • Black Cherry*
  • Black Gold Burst
  • Blue Green
  • Blood Orange
  • Blue Crab Blue
  • Blue Fade
  • Blue Matteo
  • Bonnie Pink*
  • Burnt Orange
  • Charcoal Burst
  • Copperhead
  • Dark Cherry Sunburst
  • Eriza Verde
  • Faded Blue Burst
  • Faded Blue Jean
  • Faded Grey Black
  • Faded Vintage Yellow
  • Faded Evergreen
  • Faded Whale Blue*
  • Fire Red Burst
  • Gray Black
  • Jade
  • Livingston Lemondrop
  • Leprechaun Tooth
  • Mash Green
  • Makena Blue
  • McCarty Sunburst
  • McCarty Tobacco Sunburst
  • Natural
  • Obsidian
  • Orange Tiger
  • Purple Mist
  • River Blue
  • Santana Yellow
  • Slate Blue
  • Tortoise Shell
  • Trampas Green
  • Vintage Sunburst
  • Violet
  • Violin Amber Sunburst
  • Whale Blue
  • Yellow Tiger

There's some good ones in there. I remember the older DGT's in Dark Cherry Burst, might have been just Cherry Burst, with J-Bird inlays. Those were the jam. I still lust after one .

Since I started the gun shop a couple years ago, I simply haven't a whole lot of spare time to play guitar, or cruise the forums like I used to do. This is the first thread I saw when I logged back in here. First off, Congratulations on 15 years at PRS, Shawn. And of course, congrats on a truly stunning instrument. It's all gorgeous, but my favorite feature is that figured mahogany neck. It looks like a spectacular guitar. Enjoy!

Since I started the gun shop a couple years ago, I simply haven't a whole lot of spare time to play guitar, or cruise the forums like I used to do. This is the first thread I saw when I logged back in here. First off, Congratulations on 15 years at PRS, Shawn. And of course, congrats on a truly stunning instrument. It's all gorgeous, but my favorite feature is that figured mahogany neck. It looks like a spectacular guitar. Enjoy!

Thanks Brad!

You know... I was thinking that at almost 40,000 views(not including IG and FB), documenting the build, and what it has done to not only drive more sales of guitars, but also what a fantastic employee recruiting tool this is... You should totally get another employee build because of it. It's almost like this one shouldn't count because it's like, a business expense or something.

Tell Paul and Jack I said it's okay.

You know... I was thinking that at almost 40,000 views(not including IG and FB), documenting the build, and what it has done to not only drive more sales of guitars, but also what a fantastic employee recruiting tool this is... You should totally get another employee build because of it. It's almost like this one shouldn't count because it's like, a business expense or something.

I can imagine Paul’s reaction -

“Reeeaaaalllllllyyyyy!!!!!!!”

;)

I couldn't agree more! Let me speak to Paul about it. I'll let you know what he says. :)

This was just a reall great thread and journey. I’d pay to have a video series like this as part of any PS I order. Thanks, Shawn

As most of you know, PRS employees are able to get guitars at certain milestones in their career. the first opportunity for a guitar is at 2 years of work, the next is at 7 years of employment, next comes 15 years, then again at 20, 25 and now 30 years of service. 2017 marked my 15th year at PRS, so I am starting to build my 15 Year Employee Guitar and I am super excited about it! The guitar will be a McCarty Singlecut 594 with figured maple top, figured mahogany body and neck, figured ebony fret board, 58/15LT pickups and a color that is yet to be determined.

I have decided to document the build process because I'm excited about it and I hope my son will enjoy watching the process when I eventually give the guitar to him (many, many...many, years from now).

So, if you've come this far, you might as well check out some of the videos and photos of the process. I will continue to add more content as the project unfolds. Thanks for indulging me! :)

Sounds like everything on it that's wood is going to be figured, that will be awesome, we have to see it.
(You know we all want to play it). The forum needs a library guitar that we can play for a week and then mail to the next guy, ha.

Sounds like everything on it that's wood is going to be figured, that will be awesome, we have to see it.
(You know we all want to play it). The forum needs a library guitar that we can play for a week and then mail to the next guy, ha.
There is a forum guitar that made a tour collecting member signatures. It might be in Chicago these days.

There is a forum guitar that made a tour collecting member signatures. It might be in Chicago these days.

I don't think so. I shipped it around to several members after Sergio passed it to me. It made an appearance at the last Experience, and then went quiet.

It needs to make trip to the Southeast and through the South.

Back