Shawn's 15 Year Employee Guitar, Start To Finish

Holy smokes, very much late to the party, but that's just awesome... you must be so proud!

We have over 20 labor hours involved with making a core guitar. That does not include the time it takes to build the tuners or bridges.
I read that Toyota has a truck factory in Texas(?) that can build a truck in 10 hours.

Beautiful guitar congratulations. I work for Toyota building the Corolla which is a higher volume vehicle and they are being built every 57 seconds approximately 480 per shift. The turn around time is about 20-24 hours from shell body to final line. I can't imagine the tundra is being built that quickly but I'm going to find outMy brother in law is at that plant this week I'll ask him to find out.

Beautiful guitar congratulations. I work for Toyota building the Corolla which is a higher volume vehicle and they are being built every 57 seconds approximately 480 per shift. The turn around time is about 20-24 hours from shell body to final line. I can't imagine the tundra is being built that quickly but I'm going to find outMy brother in law is at that plant this week I'll ask him to find out.

I heard that stat about Toyota trucks on the radio, so it might not be accurate.

Not to mention @Shawn@PRS, sourcing timber, it’s transportation, storage, preparation, developing/buying cnc, programming cnc, maintenance, skilled labour on necks, fit, finish etc. etc.

On the words of PRSh “l could go on and on and on and on!”

There’s a lot more to you guys than just the build! More ladies and gents in the background, making PRS work (unsung heroes).

Great job!

Based on the videos I've seen of all the hand sanding and the hand work for the neck radius I'm actually surprised at the 20 labor hours figure. I would have guessed higher.

I have always liked PRS and while I am pretty happy with my lowly SE, this "build thread" was fantastic and I feel really motivated to finally get an upgrade, although I am following through with the tuneup on the SE, more importantly, it really built some value into the guitar, something I haven't really felt about the more expensive guitars to this point. So thanks for sharing the process, clearly I am one of many who was moved by the building process of your guitar. It really is a piece of art. And a helluva of an ad/marketing bit...... ; )

I have always liked PRS and while I am pretty happy with my lowly SE, this "build thread" was fantastic and I feel really motivated to finally get an upgrade, although I am following through with the tuneup on the SE, more importantly, it really built some value into the guitar, something I haven't really felt about the more expensive guitars to this point. So thanks for sharing the process, clearly I am one of many who was moved by the building process of your guitar. It really is a piece of art. And a helluva of an ad/marketing bit...... ; )

Thanks Jet, I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad to see others have enjoyed seeing the build process. The attention to detail and level of quality everyone at PRS pours into their work is amazing. I'm so grateful to be able to work with such a talented group of people! The factory is closed today, so I'm going to fire up the amp and put the SC594 through it's paces (as soon as my wife leaves for work) :)

Thanks Jet, I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad to see others have enjoyed seeing the build process. The attention to detail and level of quality everyone at PRS pours into their work is amazing. I'm so grateful to be able to work with such a talented group of people! The factory is closed today, so I'm going to fire up the amp and put the SC594 through it's paces (as soon as my wife leaves for work) :)
Yeah! SC594 Friday!:D

Wow! Who is this handsome man?!;)

I think I’m having PSF withdrawal symptoms and YouTube is my crutch at the moment!

Any chance we can get Solana back as a core color choice???? Hint hint!!!

Solana Burst is currently available when ordering an Artist Package

Is this a recent revision that isn't reflected on the website? It hasn't shown on available artist package colors for years. Last I heard it was moved to private stock only.

Correction, Solana Burst was available in 2017, but it has been removed for 2018. Here is a current list of available Artist Package colors.

• Aquamarine
  • Autumn Sky
  • Black Cherry*
  • Black Gold Burst
  • Blue Green
  • Blood Orange
  • Blue Crab Blue
  • Blue Fade
  • Blue Matteo
  • Bonnie Pink*
  • Burnt Orange
  • Charcoal Burst
  • Copperhead
  • Dark Cherry Sunburst
  • Eriza Verde
  • Faded Blue Burst
  • Faded Blue Jean
  • Faded Grey Black
  • Faded Vintage Yellow
  • Faded Evergreen
  • Faded Whale Blue*
  • Fire Red Burst
  • Gray Black
  • Jade
  • Livingston Lemondrop
  • Leprechaun Tooth
  • Mash Green
  • Makena Blue
  • McCarty Sunburst
  • McCarty Tobacco Sunburst
  • Natural
  • Obsidian
  • Orange Tiger
  • Purple Mist
  • River Blue
  • Santana Yellow
  • Slate Blue
  • Tortoise Shell
  • Trampas Green
  • Vintage Sunburst
  • Violet
  • Violin Amber Sunburst
  • Whale Blue
  • Yellow Tiger

The best guitar build thread I have ever seen. Congratulations Shawn and thank you.

Yep, so good.

Michaels build thread should be fun too! (Hint, hint!)

Yeah I know that you’re so busy with the SS and everything else at the factory. But a “forum brother” can dream!

Back