Shawn's 15 Year Employee Guitar, Start To Finish

Incredible, incredible, incredible!!!! That guitar is to die for Shawn and it couldn’t have gone to a better person!! Congrats brother, enjoy it in good health and I hope it brings you a lifetime of joy.

Thank you for taking us through the build process. Reminds me of why I have been a fanboy for over 20 years!

Congratulations on 15 years, and most importantly, thanks for inspiring me to go play!!

Norm

Some of you have asked for photos of my other employee guitars, so here they are all together.
From left to right, 2 years, 15 years and 7 years.
IMG_8154.jpg

Man, awesome collection!

I can't get over the fact that you get one after just 2 years - a core one, no less!

I think one of the reasons why so many of you love PRS guitars, is because of the man who puts his name on them. He's no ordinary guy, he's no ordinary guitar builder and he's no ordinary boss. Paul is a generous person who appreciates hard work and loyalty. I have busted my tail for this company and I continue to do so, but my hard work is appreciated and respected. As brilliant as Paul is (I'll go as far as to say that he is a genius when it comes to guitars), PRS Guitars, the company, wouldn't be what it is today if we didn't have a whole bunch of people who poured their heart and soul into what they do every day. And I think Paul would agree with me.

Having said that, yep, I am very fortunate to have these beauties. Hopefully one day my grandkids can play these guitars and say "Damn, granddad was a cool-ass dude". It won't be true of course, but I'll let them believe it anyway. :)

Just watching the guys at work in the factory (seems wrong to call it that), you can see the care and attention to detail that they give each guitar.

The skill level that is seen is brilliant.

@Shawn@PRS you’re so right, PRS is only as strong as all you guys, without your commitment they wouldn’t be half as good as their materials and design.

@Shawn@PRS you’re so right, PRS is only as strong as all you guys, without your commitment they wouldn’t be half as good as their materials and design.
I’ve met a lot of the team over the years. They are all nice, helpful and care about the product. Eventually I got over being surprised how many quality people were gathered together in that little place close to the middle of nowhere.

I think one of the reasons why so many of you love PRS guitars, is because of the man who puts his name on them. He's no ordinary guy, he's no ordinary guitar builder and he's no ordinary boss. Paul is a generous person who appreciates hard work and loyalty. I have busted my tail for this company and I continue to do so, but my hard work is appreciated and respected. As brilliant as Paul is (I'll go as far as to say that he is a genius when it comes to guitars), PRS Guitars, the company, wouldn't be what it is today if we didn't have a whole bunch of people who poured their heart and soul into what they do every day. And I think Paul would agree with me.

Having said that, yep, I am very fortunate to have these beauties. Hopefully one day my grandkids can play these guitars and say "Damn, granddad was a cool-ass dude". It won't be true of course, but I'll let them believe it anyway. :)
My son Joey started working there in June and he has nothing but things to say about where he works.

Very cool thread and the end result is brilliant. Congrats on a beautiful guitar and thank you and everybody at PRS for all you do. It's nice to see the videos and know what makes this company and their instruments so special.

Back