Sh!t.... I guess I like John Mayer now.

single coil or not, it looks a mess — not at all an ‘11 top’.

Interesting. Who plays it has no bearing on my decision to buy a guitar. I’m not a single coil guy, but I thought his tone on the solo was impressive.

single coil or not, it looks a mess — not at all an ‘11 top’.

Not everybody wants an 11top. Some couldn’t care less if they have a figured top, and I’m completely fine with that. People should buy what they want.
And I’m sure as hell not going to post negative comments about PRS’s newest and current hot model on the official PRS Forum.

Interesting. Who plays it has no bearing on my decision to buy a guitar. I’m not a single coil guy, but I thought his tone on the solo was impressive.
I honestly don't care who played it, either. I bought PRS because of reputation, tone and feel. Not because of names on them like Mayer or Orianthi or Navarro, etc. Would I turn one away if I was given one? Absolutely not.

i meant the ruined looking fender, not the jm prs.

Not everybody wants an 11top. Some couldn’t care less if they have a figured top, and I’m completely fine with that. People should buy what they want.
And I’m sure as hell not going to post negative comments about PRS’s newest and current hot model on the official PRS Forum.

I like it - a return to his earlier sound, I agree. And I love the low-budget look. "John Mayor" etc. I wonder whether the "moon" and faded 5 is a jab at a certain band (add "ar")?

A, um, female-friend-at-the-time introduced me to JM's Room For Squares album, and I really liked the pop-guitar vibe. When JM did the blues Trio thing that was a really excellent change of pace, but he sorta lost my attention after Continuum - I dunno whether it was the public shenanigans turning me off, or that his music took a back seat to the public shenanigans. I'm still not fully back into him, and I have so many other acts I listen to that I guess he went to the back burner for me.

Occasionally I'll put on Room For Squares or Heavier Things and have a nice sing-along, though!

I appreciate what he's doing in Dead and Co, and I'm currently listening/half-watching the recorded live stream linked in a different thread/forum here, but the GD's music never really spoke to me. Everyone says I should be a natural Deadhead with all the weird sh!t I listen to, but it just seems a bit too rambling for me. Or maybe it is too close to my jamming with certain past bandmates - we tended to ramble, and maybe I recognize how boring we could be...

I wouldn't sniff at a Super Eagle, though...

I love this song. I listen to his albums Continuum and The Search for Everything a lot. And the live cd Where The Light Is. He really got me interested in blues, and changed my playing a lot. Not a big fan of his voice, though.

Back