Seymour Duncan in CU24?

Glorioso

What are you using from SD in your CU24? I am considering many options for more bite. 1st may be an Antiquity Jazz / JB combo with UOA5.

2nd may be Whole Lotta Humbucker with UOA5

3rd is '59 / '59/Custom Combo with UOA5

Pickups will be roughcast and aged magnets to mellow them out.

I have read a number of threads on pick ups, to me it seems difficult to know which is best via the net. Seems to be more of a thing to get a general idea then a lot of trial and error.

I now have Suhr Aldrich pups in all three of my electrics, two of which are CU24's. Lots of bite and mids. They can crank or really be sweat turned down. Don't let the DC res. scare you off.

Also they are pretty reasonable.

I've had SD 59's in a CE24 and they are fantastic. Highly recommended.

Yeah, I am considering UOA5 59/Custom Combo for the bridge and 59 for the neck

I have read a number of threads on pick ups, to me it seems difficult to know which is best via the net. Seems to be more of a thing to get a general idea then a lot of trial and error.

I now have Suhr Aldrich pups in all three of my electrics, two of which are CU24's. Lots of bite and mids. They can crank or really be sweat turned down. Don't let the DC res. scare you off.

Also they are pretty reasonable.

The DCR has been a concern. I can't imagine a 16k A5 in the bridge of that guitar. You say don't worry about it?

Lots more to a pickups sound than just the DCR trust me Brians CU24s KILL !!! for any sound, I also have one of his Ex guitars with a GREAT set of 57/08s my other Ex CU24 had a VB/HFS with a Rotary combo that I found very pleasing, the only non PRS pickups I have in a PRS are Dimarzio 36th anv and a Tone Zone in a Custom 22 that I love.

My favourite pickups ever -- Benedetto B7 -- are made by Seymour Duncan, but it will definitely not give you more bite -- these are jazz pickups.

I also plan on putting JB(7 strg)s in at least one of my 24/7s. I love JBs. You should consider them as well.

Well, they arrived. Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Antiquity '59 Neck and JB Bridge with Unoriented Rough Cast A5's. Can't wait to hear these.

I'm anxious to hear your play test results. What amp/pedals? Musical genre?

Pickups of past for me from SD include, Jazz SH-2n, Duncan Distortion, Pearly Gates. The Jazz in the neck was nice, but the Vintage Bass simply fit the guitar better, imo. Most of these pickups tried to inject a certain band of midrange frequencies CU24 doesn't need added, so I went back to PRS pickups...the bridge is now 59/09.

I'm anxious to hear your play test results. What amp/pedals? Musical genre?

Pickups of past for me from SD include, Jazz SH-2n, Duncan Distortion, Pearly Gates. The Jazz in the neck was nice, but the Vintage Bass simply fit the guitar better, imo. Most of these pickups tried to inject a certain band of midrange frequencies CU24 doesn't need added, so I went back to PRS pickups...the bridge is now 59/09.
This will be more for the heavy stuff. Metallica, Judas Priest, Zeppelin etc... I play through a Line 6 Helix with their L2t FRFR. It's awesome. I'll send some downloads soon.

I put SD p-rails in one of my C24s and I think they sound awesome. All comes down to what you're looking for tone wise really. Personally I dig the P90 sound especially cranked. FWIW the HFS/Bass combo I had in that particular guitar sounded muddy and compressed, however that same combo sounds great in my other Custom.

Back