SE245 Soapbar = Nice!

xjbebop

Yippy ki yay...
I haven’t seen much about these around here. I put a black one of these on my radar awhile back.

Then this one popped up on Reverb, used, for a good price. Then I noticed it already had an adjustable bridge and phase II style locking tuners…Bonus!

Pulled the trigger and here it is! Apparently this little guy did some gigging and recording in the Nashville area, so it’s got that mojo going for it. Someone dressed the nut nicely. It plays and sounds great! I swapped the controls around to put the bridge volume up front, next to the bridge pup. With the 4 knob controls it’s capable of a wide variety of tones and voicings. The thick body is a little on the tubby side, but it’s nicely balanced. Super comfortable to play. I'm getting to like the 24.5” scale length, which my ZM also sports.

It's a keeper :D

I’ve got one more thing planned for it to finish it off…more on that next week…;)

1982.jpg

1983.jpg

Nice XJ! Solid pre and current mods on that black beauty...what else ya got up your sleeve?

Beautiful. And how cool that you picked her up on a park bench! I'll bet you were out walking your amp, and she likes amps, and you struck up a conversation...

It's a beautiful way to meet a guitar. ;)

I haven’t seen much about these around here. I put a black one of these on my radar awhile back.

Then this one popped up on Reverb, used, for a good price. Then I noticed it already had an adjustable bridge and phase II style locking tuners…Bonus!

Pulled the trigger and here it is! Apparently this little guy did some gigging and recording in the Nashville area, so it’s got that mojo going for it. Someone dressed the nut nicely. It plays and sounds great! I swapped the controls around to put the bridge volume up front, next to the bridge pup. With the 4 knob controls it’s capable of a wide variety of tones and voicings. The thick body is a little on the tubby side, but it’s nicely balanced. Super comfortable to play. I'm getting to like the 24.5” scale length, which my ZM also sports.

It's a keeper :D

I’ve got one more thing planned for it to finish it off…more on that next week…;)

1982.jpg

1983.jpg
Looks very rock! I like it alot! The view is nice too I may add~

Back