SE24 New Pickups?

JKozy88

Hey All!

My SE24 (2017) was my first PRS guitar. I was lucky enough to also obtain a reclaimed CE24 this year as well. The only downside...is that now I can't find a "reason" to play my SE anymore. I just feel like the CE is similar tone...but more pleasing to me. In order to get my SE back into my lineup...I was hoping to replace the pickups on it to differentiate it a bit and maybe obtain a tone I don't currently have in my lineup (other guitars are Strats).

Given that, I was hoping for some recommendations to give me more of a classic Les Paul sound? Think maybe...Warren Haynes blues rock tone. I'm open to any brand or boutique winders that can obtain that tone...ideally with a closed silver pickup cover :)

Also open to any mods people think would be a big change as well. I've only upgraded the tuners on that guitar. Maybe USA nut and/or new bridge?

Cool thread - thank you!

Gibsons are certainly a possibility. Generally you'll find some 3rd party / boutique options that bring a different (sometimes for the better) tone to the table as well...was curious if anyone had any suggestions.

Depends on what you want to spend, but I really like the prs 85/15 or 58/15. Also you're keeping it in the family that way. They've got a great sound in the vintage les Paul range.

You could also buy a pair of 57/08 pups. I've heard great things about their capabilities in the range of vintage les Paul.

I'm very happy with the standard wind Lollar Imperials that I put in my Custom 22.
They replaced the Dragon II's that were in there.
I also have Amalfitano PAF's in another guitar. Another winner as far as I'm concerned.
So many choices...

Back