SE Tuner Swap/Upgrade

guitar (gu)rube

Inspiration, move me brightly…
I felt like the tuners on my SE CU 22 Semi Hollow were a little weak. That’s just my opinion, or heck, maybe just my excuse to swap tuners lol! Ordered the Gotoh with large Schaller style button ($51 and some change, plus shipping) from Stew Mac. They’re a direct replacement… sort of. They obviously fit with no reaming of the existing post holes, or any of that. The only issue I had was the D string and G string, on the back of the peghead. The screw slots for those are very close. I guess it would depend on which tuner you installed first. For me, I installed the D string tuner first, which caused the G string tuner to be very, very slightly offset. The screw for the G string post went in, again, at a very, very slight angle. If you have OCD issues ignore this thread/swap info altogether lol! Other than that it was a simple swap, and I’m happy that I did it. Just passing this info along for folks that might be interested, or find it useful. I hope everyone is well, and I hope you’re having a great day!

Last edited:
Back