SE Tremonti Custom!

Those British chaps at Anderton's are at it again.
I just love their vids, you can tell they have fun shooting them.

PRS SE Mark Tremonti UK Exclusive & SE245 Demo

They mention again that the Tremonti is a UK exclusive, but we know it is not.
Maybe the purple color is, but they discontinued that color anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweetwater finally updated their site.
They say it is a maple body though, I do not think so.
Should be mahogany with a flame maple veneer cap?
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEMTMplTop/

Still no guitar, bet it is lost in transit, or it never shipped at all.
From the 12th to today, that is 16 days, twice the amount of time it should take since the broken one arrived in 8 days.

What is worse is that his rep will not return his emails or phone calls trying to track it down.
I give up on this guitar, time for a refund.

Went through a review in this month's Total Guitar and they seemed to love it, so I just had to go and try it out in my local shop. Amazing guitar for the money, really, and love the red finish! Have to admit going back home and playing on my Tremonti SE it's definitely better in a lot of ways, but it also made me realize just how much I love my original one, too. I think if I bought the new one I'd still have to keep the old one - it's a very special guitar.

What is worse is that his rep will not return his emails or phone calls trying to track it down.
I give up on this guitar, time for a refund.

Nah man, forget about that. Cancel that order, get your money back. Buy it online from a dealer who has it in stock. You will have it in a couple of days.

Your local dealer should be the ones to worry about the shipping issues and "deal" with PRS about the guitar they didn't get to sell.

I know, but he is saying his rep will not answer him.
Sweetwater is out of stock.
This has been a very poor PRS experience for me overall.

There are a few other PRS dealers in my state, but I will not deal with Guitar Center.
The other ones are a lot further away from me.

This dealer that I have already bought and received three SEs from is on the same road I live on, just 13 miles North, and about 2 miles South of my work which makes it very convenient to shop with him.

I called up Sweetwater, and they are out at the moment, but it seems his business has a much better relationship with PRS, and he is able to track shipments when they ship from PRS to him.

He is going to notify me when they get them in stock.
From past experience with them having ordered 4 of the PRS Multifit cases, if I order on a Monday morning, I have it that Friday or Saturday at the latest, and also can track it via FedEx ground.

He is aware of the issue I had with UPS breaking my second Tremonti Custom sent to my dealer, and he says they never have any bad issues, could be that they repack them once PRS sends them to Sweetwater.
I asked if they could ship it in a Multifit case, and they cannot, as the cardboard is not padded.
I can attest to that having 4 of them.

When PRS sends out a US guitar in the hardshell case, it is in a much beefier cardboard box protecting it better he said.

Anyways, just sad that my dealer is left in the dark from his rep since he has not heard back from here on where my third guitar is.
Pretty sure he is going to loose a sale to Sweetwater on this issue, and I already paid for mine with him.
He got the bill from PRS though last Wednesday.

I know, but he is saying his rep will not answer him.
Sweetwater is out of stock.
This has been a very poor PRS experience for me overall.

Two other dealers that have them:
1. Very reputable PRS dealer. You can call them, confirm they have them and maybe get pictures to see if yo like it.
Site: NorthEast Music Center
Ebay Listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-PAUL-RE...R-/221157528586?pt=Guitar&hash=item337e04140a

2. Newer dealer but I got my Tremonti from them in a couple of days, great communication. Don't love the top on the one they have listed on ebay, but you can always confirm if those are actual pics.
Site: Coral Sky Music
Ebay Listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-SE-Mark...k-/130809933209?pt=Guitar&hash=item1e74e12d99

Sweetwater site says they don't have them until 12/16

Thanks guy's.
I like to support the little guy, and that is what my local dealer is.
Guitar Center has driven a lot of smaller shops out of business, and this local shop gives you two freen complete setups when you buy a guitar there.

I like Sweetwater, even though they are a big store, but they are not a chain store like GC.
Whoever gets the guitar in first between my dealer or Sweetwater will get my $$$.
And...I may have a surprise if I get one from Sweetwater.
I do not want to spill the beans just yet, until I know it is locked in if he can get me one quicker.

I feel like calling up my dealer to see if he has heard from his PRS rep Amy, but he probably has not, or he would have called me by now.
I hate bugging him too, he is just as helpless and in the dark as I am.

Still no guitar.
Called dealer yesterday, and he says the rep was embarrassed I have not received it yet.
I think it got lost since it was shipped on either the 12th or the 19th.

I thought the third time was suppose to be a charm :D

I just checked out the nut situation on my guitar, and I'm definitely going to need these slots resized. The low E and A strings don't even fit in the slots at all -- they just sit on top of the nut. The D string kinds of sits halfway inside. The G, B, and E strings do slide into the slots, but they are very tight.

I thought these guitars have to pass inspection in Korea and Maryland before they get shipped to dealers?

Strings sitting out of the slots is a failed setup.

I thought these guitars have to pass inspection in Korea and Maryland before they get shipped to dealers?

Strings sitting out of the slots is a failed setup.
Apparently the guitar is set up for 9-42s, but I restrung it with 10-52s.

I asked my dealer awhile back to check mine when it arrives.

OK, that makes sense.
I have used 9-42 most of my life.
They feel better to me

So I am sitting in a weekly Friday meeting at work that starts at noon and goes to 1 PM when I look down at my personal cell phone (on mute for the meeting) and see the screen lit up with a local number.
Could not answer it in time, so I excused myself to go outside the conference room.
That was about 12:15.

I call the number, "A Sharp Music, can I help you?"
"This is Corey, someone just called me from this number."
It was not their regular number, so it did not say who it was on the caller ID.
Put me on hold, then the owner came on and said "I do not need a tracking number, it has arrived"

Guitar arrived in great shape, and his tech is performing the following surgery on it:
1. Planet Wave Autotrim tuners
2. Ernie Ball Cobalts 9-42
3. Set intonation, pickup height, check nut, ect, complete tuneup.

It may or may not be ready by the time I get off at 2 PM which is less than an hour away.
I told them not to rush, as I can pick it up at 10 am when they open up tomorrow.

Whewwwwwww, the wait is over.
Sometime tomorrow I will put up a NGD thread, and post a link to it in this thread.

I hope this guitar was worth the wait!
Will it make me play like Chappers in the video I posted earlier :D
I wish.

Back