SE Standard 22: which pickups?

Leandro Diana

There's a little confusion about them.
I've got a 2016 SE Standard 22 made in Indonesia: which pickups are in there?
Se HFS Treble and Vintage Bass? Other?
Thanks.

L.

PRS-Designed Standard Treble pickup & PRS-Designed Standard Bass pickup.

The PRS-Designed HFS Treble and PRS-Designed Vintage Bass pickups were installed on the 2016 SE 24 fret models.

PRS-Designed Standard Treble pickup & PRS-Designed Standard Bass pickup.

The PRS-Designed HFS Treble and PRS-Designed Vintage Bass pickups were installed on the 2016 SE 24 fret models.

Thank you Stoptail22, in fact your answer is coherent with the current site information.
I was inducted in error by a lot of descriptions on shop websites.

However, I don't like these pickups on clean, they sound dull.
But on distortion they're just perfect, this is the reason I'm keeping them.

Does anyone know off-hand what magnets the 22 has? I read the 24 has ceramics, but I'd think the 22 is surely alnico...? I bought a 22 recently and, happy as I am, I've been curious about trying some swapping.

Consider having the pots changed to CTS. That alone should wake up the pickups.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it works well for me. Sometimes I think about changing the pickups, but as I play them I immediately change idea. This is because I only play this guitar through a well distorted amplifier, and obtain the clean sounds via the volume pot. This way everything works perfectly.

Does anyone know off-hand what magnets the 22 has? I read the 24 has ceramics, but I'd think the 22 is surely alnico...? I bought a 22 recently and, happy as I am, I've been curious about trying some swapping.

Good question.
Anyone knows the specs of these pickups, in the end?

Back