SE Standard 22 - Serial Number & Year Question

jdag

I just bought a new SE Standard 22 this afternoon. However, I am confused about the serial number. It starts with the letters IB, but I cannot find any indication if it is a 2016 or 2017 model. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, John

I is for Indonesia.

All the SE guitars use letters for the year. I'm pretty sure the first model year for these was 2015, which would be A, so B should be 2016 if I'm not mistaken.

I is for Indonesia.

All the SE guitars use letters for the year. I'm pretty sure the first model year for these was 2015, which would be A, so B should be 2016 if I'm not mistaken.

I believe you are correct, sir!

Thanks a ton, guys. 2015, 2016, whatever. I am complete beginner, but LOVE this guitar!

I am heading out of town...will post some next week. I went with the Vintage Cherry.

PRS Europe News from November 27, 2014 says "PRS SE Standards Unveiled", so I believe the serial prefix "IA" belongs to 2014, "IB" to 2015, and so on. I for myself bought a SE Standard with "IB" on January 9, 2016. This must been built somewhat earlier in 2015.

I am heading out of town...will post some next week. I went with the Vintage Cherry.

Excellent, enjoy learning on it! I love that color, I've got the SE Standard 24 in that color. I'm sure Sergio would have told you to get the blue though....

The color was a given for me...saw it online and pretty much decided right then. I was (and still am) a bit torn between the 22 and 24.

The color was a given for me...saw it online and pretty much decided right then. I was (and still am) a bit torn between the 22 and 24.
Yea I bought a PRS with 22 frets a few weeks ago, and now I wonder if I should had gone with the 24 frets too...

Back