SE Santana upgrades for trem/block/bridge/saddles

Seanturner74

Hi, first post here on the forum. I have a PRS SE Santana and I'm looking to upgrade the trem, block and bridge.

My real hope is to get an improvement in tone in terms of clarity, bite, etc... I absolutely love the playability and neck of this guitar, but I find it's lacking in clarity and bite, and is dull sounding. Even after pickup swaps (currently has Dimarzio bluesbuckers).

Is the MannMade SE upgrade kit the best option?

Anyone notice the tone improved after upgrading these parts?

Yeah! I have that kit on my SE Santana. Dunno if I’d say it made it brighter, maybe clearer and more mid-focused though.

Can’t go wrong with MannMade, it’s the best stuff, and the feel is subjectively nicer too.

Good to hear your opinion, and that there was maybe an improvement in clarity. At least that would be nice.

And great looking guitar! I forgot it was available in black too.

Another question. I'm really just looking for added clarity and brightness if possible. Sustain and midrange on this guitar is more than plenty for me.

Would it be effective to maybe just switch out the saddles, or do you recommend the entire bridge assembly (including bridge itself and block)?

Last edited:
Another question. I'm really just looking for added clarity and brightness if possible. Sustain and midrange on this guitar is more than plenty for me.

Would it be effective to maybe just switch out the saddles, or do you recommend the entire bridge assembly (including bridge itself and block)?
Honestly, I’d probably suggest an electronic solution if your looking for me rr brightness.

Check the readings on your pots and capacitors and maybe change values there, or look into replacement pickups, maybe.

My SE Santana is a pretty bright guitar (comparatively speaking) already. The 85/15s pickup in the bridge may finally have to go.. if I keep it.

Look also at the Aumsen shop on ebay

Honestly, I’d probably suggest an electronic solution if your looking for me rr brightness.

Check the readings on your pots and capacitors and maybe change values there, or look into replacement pickups, maybe.

My SE Santana is a pretty bright guitar (comparatively speaking) already. The 85/15s pickup in the bridge may finally have to go.. if I keep it.
That does make sense. It could be an electronics issue. I'll check pots and caps. I did hear some people say they switched out their bridge and trem and saddles for the MannMade or NOS one and noticed a difference in tone, but maybe my issue isn't the same.

I thought the bluesbuckers would by bright and punchy enough but maybe they're still not a good match for this guitar. I have dimarzio EJ Customs lying around and they're supposedly very bright pickups, so I'll try those.

Thanks.

That does make sense. It could be an electronics issue. I'll check pots and caps. I did hear some people say they switched out their bridge and trem and saddles for the MannMade or NOS one and noticed a difference in tone, but maybe my issue isn't the same.

I thought the bluesbuckers would by bright and punchy enough but maybe they're still not a good match for this guitar. I have dimarzio EJ Customs lying around and they're supposedly very bright pickups, so I'll try those.

Thanks.
I mean, I cannot recommend the stuff John Mann makes enough, you should consider replacing the SE trem.

..but, I feel like your problem is more of f a “broad strokes” issue, and should look into the electronics components first before dumping hundreds of dollars into the guitar.

Back