SE Owners

I have an SE Singlecut in a beautiful Cherry Sunburst.

I have 5 going on 6 just of the 7s.

Plus 3 of the Custom 24s (6 string), 2 of the early ZMs (need to get at least one of the semi-hollows), and I think maybe something else, but I forget what.

That's a great response to my request! I sometimes get the feeling that there's is a little bit of snobbery when private stock etc owners look down from above. It's a similar feeling with Epiphones and Gibsons. However, that's not the main reason I posted! Just interested in talking to other SE owners. :proud:

There's no downers with PRS guitars about where they're made on this site as far as I'm aware. It most certainly isn't like it is at the Gibson and Fender boards. I have a Tremonti SE that is my go to guitar and it's as good as any guitar I've tried. I have two more that, admittedly, I don't touch much and they are the same, brilliant! I have never owned an Epiphone so can't comment. In my experience Fender copies (Squire etc.) are poo and substandard to US made ones this is not the case with PRS.

Last edited:
There's no downers with PRS guitars about where they're made on this site as far as I'm aware. It most certainly isn't like it is at the Gibson and Fender boards. I have a Tremonti SE that is my go to guitar and it's as good as any guitar I've tried. I have two more that, admittedly, I don't touch much and they are the same, brilliant! I have never owned an Epiphone so can't comment. In my experience Fender copies (Squire etc.) are poo and substandard to US made ones this is not the case with PRS.

This. I think the SEs have a better quality than a Squier or an Epiphone.

I have two core PRSes and three SEs. Honestly, the SEs get more playing time than the cores do.

New here and I own a SE Tremonti Custom. Was nice to get a guitar that all I had to to was lower the action. Looking at a first run Tremonti at the moment as well.

It's nice to know I'm not alone! It was a little daunting coming on here and seeing all these Private Stocks etc. However, I know that what I have just bought is a truly excellent guitar that is made to the same standards with a few corners cut as all those high end PRS beauties. I must say however, that having fallen in love with the first SE's that I saw on the internet I was so disappointed when I saw my first one in a store. The top was just flat and it put me off instantly! Just having that slightly contoured top makes them so much more appealing ( to me ). I know that this is just nitpicking but those flat tops just didn't look right somehow. I am really impressed with the tonal range produced by the far better than average PU's and the push-pull pot. This is the guitar for me that answers all my needs ..... as a bedroom guitarist!
Wiz

It's nice to know I'm not alone! It was a little daunting coming on here and seeing all these Private Stocks etc. However, I know that what I have just bought is a truly excellent guitar

Yes, it is an excellent guitar in every way.

I have as much respect for the SEs as I do for my Private Stocks. No, they aren't the same, but they don't need to be.

They're superb guitars in their own right! Once you reach the level of "really nice guitar" the rest is just icing on the cake. ;)

It's nice to know I'm not alone! It was a little daunting coming on here and seeing all these Private Stocks etc. However, I know that what I have just bought is a truly excellent guitar that is made to the same standards with a few corners cut as all those high end PRS beauties. I must say however, that having fallen in love with the first SE's that I saw on the internet I was so disappointed when I saw my first one in a store. The top was just flat and it put me off instantly! Just having that slightly contoured top makes them so much more appealing ( to me ). I know that this is just nitpicking but those flat tops just didn't look right somehow. I am really impressed with the tonal range produced by the far better than average PU's and the push-pull pot. This is the guitar for me that answers all my needs ..... as a bedroom guitarist!
Wiz

SE Santana's have carved tops. Not as much as the PRS's, but a nice bevel around the edge

I was so disappointed when I saw my first one in a store. The top was just flat and it put me off instantly!
That's history mate, I feel the same every time I see a Telecaster.

Have 3 SE's - Paul allender 24, se custom 24 30th anniversary and a SE245 single cut goldtop which I picked up as a scratch and dent just cuz it was such a deal..... The SE 245 surprisingly somehow finds its way into my hands everyday instead of all the other guitars I own.... Donno just has that players feel to it..... And to this day I still say I'm gonna flip it but know it's never going anywhere lol Funny as I type this i realized that I was planning on upgrading the pickups on the custom 24, and am ignoring the fact that I should prolly upgrade the guitar I play most pickups first...... Ahhh my se245 red headed stepchild lol

i've got 4 SE guitars so far, and a couple extra SE's on the way. i just hate playing the waiting game for the ups man!!

i've got 2 epiphones, a SG and an 1984 explorer. both very fine guitar. sounded good, played good, but i've sold them and i do not really regreat selling them. i have parted with an akerfeldt signature, but after a year a bougth it again :)

Only have a cherry Santana Standard but fancy a se245 next...
Though if a Se version of the 513 came out I'll be all over that...

Last edited:
SE CU 22 2007 here (one of the flat tops).
I just got my first Core guitar, thinking I will sell the SE but it's just so comfortable and inspiring to play, I don't think I want to part with it.

Back