SE Angelus Review in Acoustic Guitar

God, I can't wait for the electric/acoustic version. Seriously....cannot.....wait.

No love for the Custom? She's the one I have been thinking about getting... no need to wait for the electric version, since I usually mic my acoustics.

Either way, it's good to see PRS getting props for this fantastic guitar!

No love for the Custom? She's the one I have been thinking about getting... no need to wait for the electric version, since I usually mic my acoustics.

Either way, it's good to see PRS getting props for this fantastic guitar!

I dont really keep any good mics and preamps at the home studio, so the electronic set up just seems worth waiting for for myself personally. If I had access to them at home though I'd have no problem getting the Custom.

I do have a need for a Piezo, as i dont like the setup where I play. the mics are crappy, and I don't like plugging directly into the PA. I have a midrange martin electric/acoustic, but some of the songs I like to play are in open E and D, I love the way the plugged in Martin sounds in the open tunings, and I'd like to have the PRS as an all around other style guitar. I have a few different american made guitars. Theyre all nice, play well and have specific sounds i like to use, but I always find myself gravitating toward my modern eagle II. It's simply superior in all ways to my ear and touch. I'm hoping I feel the same about the angelus! so I'll wait patiently. It's not like I dont have anything else to play, after all.

P.S. I ordered the custom as well. I talked to my dealer a while back and he was saying that his rep told him that they couldnt get the pickups made, which is why the elec/acoust was delayed so long. Not sure how accurate this is, but it makes enough sense to me.

Last edited:
Back