SE Acoustic Factory Authorized Summer Sale!

shinksma

What? I get a title?
http://www.prsguitars.com/blog/post/se_acoustic_factory_authorized_summer_sale

Since this is official from PRS, I assume it is OK to post here.

I've always wanted another SE acoustic. I have an SE Angelus Custom (Rosewood body, hog neck, ebony fretboard). It has a great tone, but I wouldn't mind something that is a little "brasher" (more mid-range) to help me with added volume during leads when we play unplugged (the acoustic rhythm player in the band has a good but loud natural tone), so perhaps the A10E or A20E would be a good choice?

I had been hankering for the Alex Lifeson, but I don't think it will project unplugged as well as the other models.

Comments?

I'm all about the A30E... been wanting one since its alter ego as the Angelus Custom. I've played one, and it's crazy good. The thing I liked the most, where some acoustics get "lost" in the mix when you switch from chords to single notes, the Custom/A30E sounds like it still has enough articulation and presence to make it through. And it sounds incredible!

I've always wanted another SE acoustic. I have an SE Angelus Custom (Rosewood body, hog neck, ebony fretboard). It has a great tone, but I wouldn't mind something that is a little "brasher" (more mid-range) to help me with added volume during leads when we play unplugged (the acoustic rhythm player in the band has a good but loud natural tone), so perhaps the A10E or A20E would be a good choice?

I had been hankering for the Alex Lifeson, but I don't think it will project unplugged as well as the other models.

Comments?

Pretty much spot on with my experience. I have the same SE Angelus, bought the black A10E and the Lifeson when I found a killer used deal. The A10E is a bit more mid-rangey than the Angelus. The Lifeson seems to sit pretty close to the A10E with a little less bass and not as loud acoustically. But my gut doesn't push it as far away as the others!

Comments?
If you are who I think you are, I sent you a PM at "the other place" If not, then I can tell you it doesn't project very well.(reason I think its you is you used the same terminology) I just got an AL and am totally enjoying it. It is a really great guitar, but it is a bit quieter and it doesn't project as much as my dread, according to my wife, who sits across the room watching T.V. while I play. I asked her. She doesn't yell at me as much playing this as she did with my dread. I play no better, so it isn't that.:( ;)

If you are who I think you are, I sent you a PM at "the other place" If not, then I can tell you it doesn't project very well.(reason I think its you is you used the same terminology) I just got an AL and am totally enjoying it. It is a really great guitar, but it is a bit quieter and it doesn't project as much as my dread, according to my wife, who sits across the room watching T.V. while I play. I asked her. She doesn't yell at me as much playing this as she did with my dread. I play no better, so it isn't that.:( ;)
I didn't post anything similar anywhere else (as far as I know!), and if I did, I would be shinksma there too. So if the username was something else, that wasn't me.

But, that is what I expected in terms of overall projection! So thanks for the comments anyway!

Cool man. Ya, I got asked the same question on a different forum. It is still a great guitar to play though.

I have the now discontinued Angelus Custom, and I was kind of disappointed in the A30E. I was expecting a "custom 2.0" but it was quite a bit brighter sounding. My Custom is deep, bright, and booming! I will be ordering an A10E here shortly to go with the rest of the collection.

Back