School me on PRS Hollowbody 1

matt3310

I picked up one today. Whale blue Artist top. Plays and sounds great.

Are these pretty good guitars? Any better or worse than the II? I know very little about these so please school me!

The HB 1 has a maple top. The HB II has maple top and back. The back, sides and the bridge support are one solid piece of hog that is carved inside and out for the HBI. Depending on the model you have, you could also have the piezo in the bridge. Great guitar!

Very nice guitar, I assume, the pickups are a little stronger in output than mine :cool: . Looks light a sharp R&B , Rock and Jazz guitar ;). I would like to know, if you are content with the pickup rock sound.
I also play a hollow body with spruce top, PRS Humbuckers and piezo bridge. Mahagony back and sides and sustain block are drilled out of one single piece of wood. The spruce top is good for high singing clean tones in melodic playing, but it takes some time, to open it by playing loud in a lot of gigs. I love it. It is great for a lot of styles, Jazz, folk and even rock´n roll music. I have .11 stings on it, whick deliver a punchy tone and attack. I will probably change it back to .10 after some time, but with .11 its louder and cuts a lot better through the mix.
The light weight, clear and unique sound and good playability as well, a reason enough, to have one.
The pickups could have a little bit more of the rock´n roll eggs like a good humbucker has usually. But that´s only a minor fault in the overall unique and great concept of this guitar.

All right, Matt, I have 3 things to say. . Sergio said he liked your blue guitar, so we know he`s been either hittin` the sauce or blowin` the bowl. 2. It's stunning, and I want one, so I must therefore hate you and be jealous. 3. Blue guitars sound better, (That`s what my buddy, Phil at Philtone says, so it must be scientific fact.):)

Matt, it sure looks like you are in a hollowbody frenzy. I sure can't blame you. That is a wonderful guitar that you purchased. I have an SCHBI that I adore. I will go to my grave with that guitar. Congratulations! Now grab that HBII, too!

Welcome to the HB1 club! :) You didn't mention it, but I think you have an Artist Package model. Look on the eagle tag and see.

Back