SAS NF and NF3 Questions

justmund

Plank Spanker
So thinking my next axe will be a SAS NF or NF3, played a SAS NF 25th briefly when I was in the US and really dug it. I didn't compare against a NF3 so I've got a few questions buzzing around in my head:

1. What are the major tonal differences between the 2 axes? Mainly concerned with the different body wood effect and not so much scale length, top route vs back route etc
2. It looks as if some of the SAS NF 25ths had some nice flamed necks on them, does the flame make any difference to tone or is it purely aesthetic?
3. What is the finish on the neck of the SAS NF? I know on the NF3 it's "sunken into the wood" so wondering if it's the same on the SAS NF?

Thanks!

2. It looks as if some of the SAS NF 25ths had some nice flamed necks on them, does the flame make any difference to tone or is it purely aesthetic?
3. What is the finish on the neck of the SAS NF? I know on the NF3 it's "sunken into the wood" so wondering if it's the same on the SAS NF?

I have a SAS Studio but I haven't played an NF3 so can't answer your questions about tone differences. To answer your other questions:

2. purely aesthetic
3. correct, same finish/feel...very comfy!

cant hep with the NF3 but the SAS NF is one sweet guitar--i love mine
DSC_0270-1.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm pretty much sold on a NF3 as it's pretty far removed from anything else I own. Still interested in the differences between Swamp Ash and Korina, maybe I'll have to get a SAS NF to compare...

Got a feeler out for a NF3 in white wash, I'm going to try and find one with a bit of flame in the neck (they sure are pretty!) and willing to wait until the right one comes along.

I absolutely love my NF3. The Korina body is beautiful and the neck is just soooo playable!! You already know how fantastic the NF pickups are. I have a very nice Fender Custom Shop Blackie that does not get any play since I got my NF3. Here she is ...

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

Back