Santana SE std nut? Need help ASAP!

You should be good. I have the Core nuts on both of my SE's. ( One and Bernie)

Agreed.

I have Core Wide/Fat on my ZM and my Bernie. They work great.

You MIGHT have a tiny width difference on the guitar when you install it...but it's no big deal. I had a very minor gap on one...and no gap on the other.

Huge improvement, too.

Good choice!

I ran across a thread here that said these are cut for a core guitar and would not fit the SE. Supposedly their made different and it would require more sanding and shims to work?

I ran across a thread here that said these are cut for a core guitar and would not fit the SE. Supposedly their made different and it would require more sanding and shims to work?

Nope, they work fine. They are a little narrower than the SE nut. There is a slight gap between the Core nut and the truss rod cover. Both of mine went right on, with no modifications.

Well....they ARE cut for PRS Core guitars...but I didn't have to shim or sand anything down when I put them on my SE models.

There is a super-tiny space between the board and truss rod cover on one of my two...but I don't even notice it, anymore.

The other one was a perfect fit. Stars and moons alignment, perhaps! :)

The nut on my SE is already a little narrrow. Which I thought was kind of weird? This would be my first attempt at replacing a nut. I would normally have my luthier do this but the last 2 times I've been to him I've left disappointed. So I'm trying to learn to do my own work. Then if it's jacked I can only blame myself. I'm trying to preserve my sanity.

Back