Santana pic of the day

Kind of like you had no idea what you were missing, right?
Exactly! It also helped that it was the first time to play with my Archon in a while. Too bl**dy busy with actual paying gigs, recording, or running sound at a festival to play with my own toys! (I don't gig with the Archon.)

Seems I forgot to post pics of this one:

20170418_104736_zpsenzzwlos.jpg

and a new one yesterday!

20170526_102732_zpsqkh3y6ec.jpg

20170526_102905_zpsx9hggisl.jpg

Can't compete with Bodia's monster... here's my modded TRC though.
The original is culturally/ethnically inaccurate...
I'll start a separate post on that topic.

8E999CDF-84ED-4B11-BBD6-C242CD1DD666_zpsblopzuiv.jpg

Nice! I almost got that as a tattoo earlier this week.

Wow wicked.
Sound sample or report?
Did the \m/ make it into the artist yet? w/split?

Gritty sounding. Great for some swampy southern rock sounds. Sergio bashed out some Metallica and Slayer on it. Sounded convincing. Not that I had low expectations, but it sounds better than I thought it would. Recommended!

I did finally get the \m/ in another Santana. Favorable first impression. I haven't put much time on them. I need to dig in a little more.

I did finally get the \m/ in another Santana. Favorable first impression. I haven't put much time on them. I need to dig in a little more.

With the fullness and output of the \m/, I feel like a split \m/ is not really a single coil sound, but more of a lower output (relative to full \m/), slightly scratchier, still humbucker sounding pup. Which, at least on mine (in the CE24 standard/satin), provides full sound leaning to modern, and when split less output, leaning vintagy.
I like them a lot, and wonder what they would do on a shorter scale...

With the fullness and output of the \m/, I feel like a split \m/ is not really a single coil sound, but more of a lower output (relative to full \m/), slightly scratchier, still humbucker sounding pup. Which, at least on mine (in the CE24 standard/satin), provides full sound leaning to modern, and when split less output, leaning vintagy.
I like them a lot, and wonder what they would do on a shorter scale...

I had about 30 minutes to spend on them at lunch. They sound great in this particular guitar (maple neck/ebony board). Your description nails the split, at least for the bridge. I'm not sure I care for it. It was a "ice picky". Could have been the profile I was using on the Kemper (Bogner Helios with a fair amount of gain). However, I really liked the neck split. It's almost a little straty.

@bodia that looks wicked! I was wondering why the inlay on the body is stained blue? I have seen videos and it looks like they usually put masking tape over the inlay when they are painting. Was it requested to be made that way?

edit: looked up a few more pics to answer my own question. Looks like its a burst thing. Any Santana I found with a burst, has the burst color over the inlay.

@bodia that looks wicked! I was wondering why the inlay on the body is stained blue? I have seen videos and it looks like they usually put masking tape over the inlay when they are painting. Was it requested to be made that way?

edit: looked up a few more pics to answer my own question. Looks like its a burst thing. Any Santana I found with a burst, has the burst color over the inlay.

Thanks! Your edit is correct, btw! At least as far as I know :)

While this thread is up, does anyone have a picture of Santana with his original PRS? I've seen a picture of him with one that has a single volume knob and I feel like it's the one that Paul talks about in his story. I'm really curious if anyone can confirm or knows certainly what it looked like or if there is a picture of it. Here is the one I've seen.

8ff09f470e15ed020b7bc0221e396081.jpg

Last edited:
Back