SAD BUT REAL BAD EXPERIENCE WITH PRS CORE GUITARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said in your other post -
I am surprised by your issues so let me ask a question what do you mean by level frets ?
Its is normal and needed that a neck has relief ( or bow ) you would see this when using a straight edge, This is not an issue with fret level it is a setup issue,
If you completely slack the truss rod and strings I believe most PRS necks are said to be 100% straight but would be unplayable you then adjust the Truss rod to add relief so set your action.
Like I said I have owned 20 or so PRS new and used and have played dozens more and I have yet to see one guitar have a bad fret job.
If you are buying from a dealer THEY should cover your costs of shipping to PRS ( PTC ) if you are buying used you will incure some costs.
Is it possible that you are not 100% clear on how a guitar should be set up ? ( trying not to be rude BUT 5 bad PRS in a row in a stretch )
Lots of videos on youtube easy breezy. Check out this one below

Best of luck to you

First of all.
I not have any pleasure to give a bad fame to PRS.
I know what is a neck relief. I know all frets have to be measure without strings and i have notched rule to measure the neck real straight. I also know what is a neck jig to put the guitar neck correct to measure.
Is one alert to quality control.
Think about it.
Put your strings of . Buy one fret rocker and one nothed rule and try to measure your guitar fret leveling.

Rhandy - I know others here have been a bit snarky BUT I have just tried to be helpful, I indeed find it surprising that you ( and you alone ) seem to be having this issue so I have to ask questions and submit likely causes "in my humble opinion"
Sorry your unhappy and hope you get it sorted, I for one do not 100% believe there is a problem with all these guitars. but the issue is your measurement and diagnosis of the issue ( If any )
Below you will see how the guitars are checked and the care taken on setup, this forum is full of stories of the lengths that PRS has gone to see the people are 100% happy with there product.
I my experience I have yet to play any guitars that are as consistent in set up and quality as PRS.

All The best --

Rhandy - I know others here have been a bit snarky BUT I have just tried to be helpful, I indeed find it surprising that you ( and you alone ) seem to be having this issue so I have to ask questions and submit likely causes "in my humble opinion"
Sorry your unhappy and hope you get it sorted, I for one do not 100% believe there is a problem with all these guitars. but the issue is your measurement and diagnosis of the issue ( If any )
Below you will see how the guitars are checked and the care taken on setup, this forum is full of stories of the lengths that PRS has gone to see the people are 100% happy with there product.
I my experience I have yet to play any guitars that are as consistent in set up and quality as PRS.

All The best --
Thank you Rider.
As you see on fret dressing video. The way Prs do it is not the way I learn to do It. After level the frets we need to crown the frets and check again if everything is good.

All 3 Prs have flat frets on top. Nobody make the hard part of the job

All The best --
Watching this makes you really realize the amount of labor and effort that goes into making one of these guitars. Truly impressed!

Watching this makes you really realize the amount of labor and effort that goes into making one of these guitars. Truly impressed!

My luthier make it for 200$. Is the reason I create this Post.

Other way is
Plek machine do it .

I've got a MIM Strat that has frets like you describe. I have not had your experience on PRSi and I've owned quite a number of them. I found a used one with a dry fretboard that had rough fret ends from the board drying out. That's about it.

I don't care for my frets to be overly crowned ( some would say pointy ) old fenders with skinny fret wire used to be very crowned Gibsons and other guitars that have fatter ( wider ) wire tend to have a flatter crown I like it for bending its just smoother for me. in fact in flatten the crowns on my ( former ) fenders because I liked how PRS did there frets.
Not all guitars are perfect for everyone thats why lots of folks here modify there guitars to fit there needs

On the subject of stainless steel frets. They are harder to dress by all accounts. Some say they alter tone also.
I dont have a guitar with SS frets, but would like to try one sometime.

Don’t confuse your personal preferences for fret shape and how you personally learned to do it with the correct way for everyone or the correct specs for the PRS guitars in question.

I have a strong suspicion that even a regret or fret leveling by PTC wouldn’t meet your idea of proper frets.

For all of you tried to protect and defense PRS.
I just have to say. In 3 guitars only 1 comes with frets level, is one fact. I could prove it.

For all of you tried to protect and defense PRS.
I just have to say. In 3 guitars only 1 comes with frets level, is one fact. I could prove it.
The problem is you haven't proven it and you post some garbage thread condemning quality control at PRS. The odds of what you're claiming is probably less than 1%. So don't come here throwing out a snarky thread and unfounded commentary without expecting backlash. PRS offered to help you resolve the issue. You declined.

PRS is one company that you can be assured that 99.98% of the time, your guitar will come out of the case with the best setup known to man. I find it difficult to believe that 2 out of 3 guitars didn't arrive like that. But, no company is perfect, and PRS has always been great at making things right when stuff does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back