s2 rout

ellamir

apologies if i'm posting this in the wrong section, i'm new to the forum.

i'm buying my first prs this week. most likely a s2 standard 22. i'm just curious if anyone knows whether the s2 is routed for the stock humbuckers or if it's a bathtub rout.

thanks for the help!

I always advise...live with it for 2 weeks, and try adjusting the pickups to change the sound. My S2 Custom 22 is the only guitar I haven`t modded, other than my SAS.

I always advise...live with it for 2 weeks, and try adjusting the pickups to change the sound. My S2 Custom 22 is the only guitar I haven`t modded, other than my SAS.
thanks for the reply!

i know most of the prs stuff will sound good stock. i think it's just more of a taste thing for me. the s2 standard comes with hot ceramic pups. i found myself pulling the coil split a lot while i was demoing in the store. looking for more vintage tones.

does your custom have the #7's or the 85/15's?

If it's a 2016 or earlier S2 Standard 22, it should have the S2 #7 pickups which are very middle-of-the-road PAF types. Moderate output, alnico magnets, chrome covers. The 24 fret guitars had the S2 HFS and Vintage Bass pickups, which is a hot ceramic bridge pup and a slightly over wound alnico neck.The S2 Customs now all come with the 58/15 S, which should be alnico and sound like a clear version of a PAF assuming they take after their Core counterparts.

The S2 #7 pups only lasted a month in my guitar. Agree it was down to taste. I found them a bit too dark for the all-mahogany construction and my rig. Others on the forum like them just fine.

No reason you can't rout a slot for a middle single coil. ;)

thanks for the reply!

i know most of the prs stuff will sound good stock. i think it's just more of a taste thing for me. the s2 standard comes with hot ceramic pups. i found myself pulling the coil split a lot while i was demoing in the store. looking for more vintage tones.

does your custom have the #7's or the 85/15's?[/QUO. Mine has the #7`s. I tend to like a slightly darker tone. They have a great sound when tapped. I think they have a slightly thicker sound than most of my guitars, but the clarity is excellent, especially when I play above the octave (12th fret).

Back