S2 Mods

Just about ANY of the new SEs is AWESOME and can be modded any way you want (though it isn't necessary)...but I'd get the Tremonti SE Custom. INCREDIBLE guitar!
Oh...S2 you say? oopsies...yeah well...skip the S2. The new SEs are the BOMB. And they even use S2 bridges!!
;-)

Would a 5 selector switch fit on a S2 Custom 24? I don't like the idea of 3 way-switch + push/pull pot. If it does fit I would install it and change the pickups....

I was thinking about 408-ing my S2 Mira with 2 mini-toggles...not sure if there is room on the pickguard to make this ergonomically sound.

Could always do a PP volume and make the volume split the neck and the tone split the bridge individually too maybe...but I really hate PPs

I really dig the neck pickup...wouldn't change that. Maybe something hairier but complementary in the bridge position...

I put covered 57/08s in my S2 24 (with cream rings). Looks great and sounds AMAZING. I was thinking of dropping in a second volume control, ala DGT. Should be aesthetically easy to make work, with the flat top, and I love the idea of being ably to fine tune those 08s in the middle position.

The blade switches are the same size as a regular Fender switch. I replaced the three-way on an SE Custom with a Fender super switch and wired it so that positions 2 and 4 are one humbucker and one slug coil. I added a push-pull to give just single coils - 2, 3 &4 are both slug coils together. That way, it gives all eight combinations of hums and single coils. It works really well and produces some great tones.

The blade switches are the same size as a regular Fender switch. I replaced the three-way on an SE Custom with a Fender super switch and wired it so that positions 2 and 4 are one humbucker and one slug coil. I added a push-pull to give just single coils - 2, 3 &4 are both slug coils together. That way, it gives all eight combinations of hums and single coils. It works really well and produces some great tones.

The blade switches are the same size as a regular Fender switch. I replaced the three-way on an SE Custom with a Fender super switch and wired it so that positions 2 and 4 are one humbucker and one slug coil. I added a push-pull to give just single coils - 2, 3 &4 are both slug coils together. That way, it gives all eight combinations of hums and single coils. It works really well and produces some great tones.[/QUO

HI There, I'm a newbie to the forum just bought a se custom 24, and was wondering if you can share you wiring diagram, I'm wanting to do the same setup with my guitar. Much appreciated thank you[/QUOTE]

HI There, I'm a newbie to the forum just bought a se custom 24, and was wondering if you can share you wiring diagram, I'm wanting to do the same setup with my guitar. Much appreciated thank you

Hello there,

Sorry for not posting until now. I've only just seen your message. Here's the diagram now: http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r481/tedmccarty/PRS/CustomwiringforP22_zpscb7c77b7.jpg

I made this using the original PRS diagram, which shows a PRS switch, but you can also use a Fender super switch like I did.

If you have any questions, just ask, and I'll try to remember what I did.

Hi there thank you for the info, can you tell me if you used the original g&b pickups that came with the guitar, and also would you have a wiring diagram for those g&b pickups. thank you in advance

Sorry, I used a set of 59/09s. I think I saw something on here once about the wiring of those G&B pickups. If I come across it, I'll post it here.

Back