S2 Mods

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I gotta get a Mira S2 but the pickguard with integrated pup rings is not for me. I think I'm going to send mine to the PTC and have them put some regular pup-rings on it and route off the integrated rings. Given the way it sounded, that's about all I'd do!

The beauty of the S2's, in my mind, is the fact that you can make them whatever you want them to be if they don't suit your taste right out of the gig bag without hacking up your full-fat PRS.

So the question... if you were going to buy an S2, which one would you get and how would you want the PTC to modify it?

Mira and some \m/ pickups, but maybe take the 59/09s out of my CU22 for the Mira, and the \m/s in my CU22.

But watching the J.Hayes demos has left me with a different quandary you guys might offer some advice about. Don't want to hijack this so I'll start a new thread tomorrow.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;86284 said:
So the question... if you were going to buy an S2, which one would you get and how would you want the PTC to modify it?

I'd get an S2 Mira in black and have the PTC put a set of 57/08s in it, and if they drop in, a set of the open back tuners.

I think it'd be absolutely...starlar. ;)

I'm thinking an S2 Starla with a pearloid pick guard and the standard rings as you mentioned Hans...

And I'm also thinking a White or Gray Black S2 Custom with \m/ pickups and MAYBE a USA trem???

Mira S2.

Remove pick guard. Fill in everything but bridge pup. Install a \m/. Refinish in Grandma Hannon Pink. Set up in B Standard.

No volume, no tone. Just pup to output jack.

Extra points if they'd do Grandma Hannon Pink with sparkles.

Mira S2.

Remove pick guard. Fill in everything but bridge pup. Install a \m/. Refinish in Grandma Hannon Pink. Set up in B Standard.

Damn, Jesse. That thing would be set on permanent growl!

I suggest adding 'fur' around the output jack... :vroam:

Mira S2.

We're on the same page. This is an old Mira X. Skitchy made a new gaurd for it so that it became a single pickup model. He wanted to do some recording this weekend so he installed a single \m/ pup. The switch works accordingly: "Neck" = single coil w/ resistor mod "Mid" = hum w/vol + tone "Bri" bri = hum w/vol and NO tone knob

My sources tell me this things slays.

just one.jpg

Last edited:
We're on the same page. This is an old Mira X. Skitchy made a new gaurd for it so that it became a single pickup model. He wanted to do some recording this weekend so he installed a single \m/ pup. The switch works accordingly: "Neck" = single coil w/ resistor mod "Mid" = hum w/vol + tone "Bri" bri = hum w/vol and NO tone knob

My sources tell me this things slays.

View attachment 283

Uber Bad Ass

I'd suggest putting some fur on it, but that thing could probably grow it's own hair...

Edit - I'm just thinking how clean Jesse's would look - no selector, no knobs, just grabs you by the neck and won't let go....

Last edited:
I happen to have a 'spare' set of Dragon IIs, just wondering how they would sit in an S2 Mira either with the push/pull split or with a Schaller 'P' mega switch that gives the same options as the rotary. Hmmm.

I did briefly mention in another thread asking if such things void the warranty if not done at the factory.

Still thinking about it though.

Back