Well, in talking with the PTC, if I have them install the piezo, they can also install a battery cavity to make that bit easier, which I would likely do. I'm not sure how quickly those piezo systems kill batteries. But, like I said, I think I may be better off just keeping an eye on the used market.

Having PTC do the job and installing a battery cavity sounds like the way to go. I'm assuming they could do this to a used guitar or did they say it would only be done on a new guitar?

Did they indicate how much it would run? If so, send me a PM with that info, I don't think they want pricing discussed publicly on the forum.

Having PTC do the job and installing a battery cavity sounds like the way to go. I'm assuming they could do this to a used guitar or did they say it would only be done on a new guitar?

Did they indicate how much it would run? If so, send me a PM with that info, I don't think they want pricing discussed publicly on the forum.
I can shoot you the info but it looks like you've got your profile locked down so I can't start a conversation. you'll have to send me a convo first.

We already have a thread for SE mods but I haven't seen too many people talking about mods to S2 guitars. I'm thinking of doing some changes to my S2 Custom 24 but haven't done anything yet. So show me your S2 mods!

I've been on the mod path for my S2 for a little while now. Mostly cosmetic for now, but I've got some big things planned for the electronics! I'll post some pics and comments once I get my initial 3 mandatory posts on here!

I have made one mod to my S2 Singlecut Standard....a chicken-head knob for the neck volume!!!! I tend to keep it split and I like it rolled to a certain point. The chicken-head knob makes it easier!!

S2%20singlecut%202_zps6a03gyfk.jpg
That is one sharp looking guitar! I like the blue and white, really cool.

We already have a thread for SE mods but I haven't seen too many people talking about mods to S2 guitars. I'm thinking of doing some changes to my S2 Custom 24 but haven't done anything yet. So show me your S2 mods!

I've been a very happy S2 Standard owner for over a year now. I needed a guitar to compliment my Strat, and the S2 really spoke to me. Mahogany, HH configuration, amazing feel and sustain, Strat type of pickguard, and the dot inlays on the neck (I know this is rather blasphemous on the PRS boards but its just my personal preference). One reason I chose this guitar is because of the pickguards, I like the look and modding aspects. I've been on the hunt for replacement pickups for a while now and I'm leaning towards PG's in the bridge and Alnico II Pro in the neck and swap all of the electronics at the same time.

Planning on pre-loading the old electronics onto another pickguard, adding quick connectors to the guts so If I ever feel the need to switch back to PRS pickups and can just quickly drop in the other set of electronics.

Looking forward to having some good conversations on the forum!

Lovely guitar. Sounds like you have some good mods planned. I prefer dot inlays too and I am tolerated around here so don't worry. It just means that we are forced to stand up on the bus!

Welcome! I have an S2 Custom 22. The only mods I think are necessary are to change the route of the tremolo, so I can go off more, and the trem tip is wooden. It is darker sounding than all my other PRS, and I like that.

Lovely guitar. Sounds like you have some good mods planned. I prefer dot inlays too and I am tolerated around here so don't worry. It just means that we are forced to stand up on the bus!
Thank you, and I'm glad to hear that the minority "dot" population is still accepted as family... distant family perhaps but still family ;)

Welcome! I have an S2 Custom 22. The only mods I think are necessary are to change the route of the tremolo, so I can go off more, and the trem tip is wooden. It is darker sounding than all my other PRS, and I like that.
Thank you, its nice to be aboard!

Guys, good night!

I bought a PRS SE Tremonti Limited and I have a question about the potentiometers.

Does this model use potentiometers with long shaft (as in Gibsons) or short shaft ?

I'm going to change the pickups, potentiometers and everything else on this guitar so I had the doubt.

Thank you for any help !

Guys, good night!

I bought a PRS SE Tremonti Limited and I have a question about the potentiometers.

Does this model use potentiometers with long shaft (as in Gibsons) or short shaft ?

I'm going to change the pickups, potentiometers and everything else on this guitar so I had the doubt.

Thank you for any help !

Short shaft. You may need to enlarge the holes if you go with USA pots.

I bought a 2014 S2 Custom 24 and changed the pickups (SD Hot Rod Set), rings, both pots, 3 way blade switch, input jack and all wire. It's a killer guitar now....

and if anyone was wondering....I used a Emerson Pro CTS 500k on the volume pot and CTS 500k dpdt push / pull on the tone pot w/ 47uf Orange drop cap....

How do you like the CTS push/pull? I haven't had a chance to use one yet.

That's the first I've heard of Emerson Pro. Seems like a good competitor to the RS SuperPots and PRS. Apparently PRS pots are 20%+/-, as I have one laying around that measures only 400k.

I like it a lot compared to my stock Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro push/pot pots....which are a little "drastic" with the difference. The one in my S2 is much more subtle and smooth IMO.... as for what the Emerson Brand pots measure.....I have no idea.....as another musician friend who is an electrician and is AWESOME at soldiering put them in, as I am not....but I used the single coil tap on a few songs on my Mesa Boogie Mark 5:25 w/ a V30 with it pretty loud....sounded great and wasn't mad at the guitar for being a strat....

When I had my s2 cu24 , I put a set of emg het set in ..may it much more better for what I was doing. Unfortunately traded the s2 in however I'm in the hunt for another one ..

Back